God, Can You Hear Me?

I try to talk to you
But it's like you're not there
My words fade away
Into empty air

(Chorus)
Can you hear me?
Can my prayer reach that far?
Do you hear one child's cry
Wherever you are?
I'm just one small voice
In a world of pain
And I'm not sure
So I'll ask again
Can you hear me?

I try to hear your voice
But you seem so far away
I know you're calling me
But I don't know what you're saying
I can't hear you

(Chorus)
I can't hear you
I'm drowning in my sin
I try to reach for you
But I'm falling down again
One still, small voice
In a world of pain
If I try hard enough
I know I can
I can hear you

Rolling like thunder
In my once dead heart
I can hear you speaking
We were never apart
I can hear you

Cause_OneMore said...
Great Job On your song its message is so clear and I wish I could hear it how the music go's or at least have the chords or music but all in all its one of the best songs I have read on this sight way to go please check out my stuff if not thats totally fine Stay with your faith never loose hope and also you song really spoke to my heart its really what I needed to read.

jaymishae said...
Apr. 4, 2011 at 6:39 am:
Girl, this is great. I wish I could write lyrics like this, but sadly all I can write is chords structures and melodies. If you're interested, just saying. But this was probably one of the best songlyrics I have ever heard. Could even be a Christ Tomlin song.

Lizette said...
Nov. 23, 2010 at 8:14 am:

way to keep the faith

MickeyH said...
God bless ya child, this is really amazing :) straight to the favorites.

nightingle said...
Aug. 27, 2010 at 7:42 am:

it went straight into my fav :)

its amazing

Laura14 said...
This is AMAZING! I love it so much, and for some reason brings tears to my eyes... Love it!

ShenelleCrystalx3 said...
Jul. 9, 2010 at 9:28 pm:
This is really pretty

SomeoneWhoListens said...
Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:05 pm:
Great song.  I would try to sing it and play along and mabey put it on youtube.

estu_2011 replied...
Jun. 22, 2010 at 1:30 pm :
I agree...I would love to here the song put to music.

bluespark13 said...
Jun. 7, 2010 at 7:19 pm:
this song is really nice ,a work of art XD i kinda relate to it cuz i feel that way most of the time -.-...im new on teen ink :)

Julia P. said...
Apr. 17, 2010 at 3:03 am:
This could totally be an early Evanescence song! I'm so impressed

ElizabethW. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 22, 2010 at 7:48 pm :
Thank you so much much, I love them!  Pretty much the best compliment you couldhave given me =)

Julia P. replied...
Apr. 23, 2010 at 10:24 am :
you're welcome. i love evanescence too, and for months i've been struggling to learn how to write a song that would fit their style. i can just hope to be that good, my own writing style is still far behind this...

ShannonVictoria said...
Mar. 26, 2010 at 7:36 pm:
You've got some talent writing songs. and i am honestly impressed. i too try and write songs, but they're never that good.  Do you have any advice in how to write some good songs? if your wondering, i try to write songs for my friends that leave that way they know how i feel when i they are leaving and so that they know how much i will miss them and so that they never forget about all the fun times we have. Please, if you dont mind, please reply back (whenever you can) and give me some advi... (more »)

Mar. 27, 2010 at 4:54 pm :
I don't really have much advice.  Believe me, for every good song there are a dozen failures (and I don't post those!).  I guess what I would suggest is to stick to a meter for the verses and another for the chorus, plus maybe a bridge, for form.  Then use lots of creative language, with metaphors and colorful adjectives.  I don't know if you like the song Fireflies by Owl City, but the greatest thing to me about it is the ongoing metaphor about recapturing childhood and all ... (more »)

Steph8 said...
Feb. 10, 2010 at 8:39 am:
This was truely inspiring. You have a new and different way of saying what some spend their whole lives trying to describe. Use what you've got! I loved this.

Calilove4evr21 said...
Feb. 10, 2010 at 12:17 am:
This song is truly amazing:)

Kallz said...
Your awesome. The song sounds familiar. But what does that have to do with how good this song is? INCREDIBLE! Absolutely, positively PERRRR-FECT. COOL , AMAZING, there's soooo many words that could describe this piece! The one's I listed are some but if I list all the words this comment could end up being 10 or 15 pages long! Anyway, like I said...

400king said...
Dec. 28, 2009 at 11:14 am:
this is a truly awesome song, but i don't really like after the line "but i don't know what you're saying" the "i can't hear you after" i think you could possibly lose. just a better flow.

ohmygoshsavannah said...
Dec. 12, 2009 at 6:41 am:
Wowww. This is truly amazing. You put words to my feelings exactly. Keep writing! You're a *great* writer.