The Meaning of Love? This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The beating of my broken heart, now chained and locked away,
I hear much louder, through the night, than words we never say.
As hollow kisses turn to dust and fall against my skin,
I pray that I might find the strength to fall in love again.
Abandoned innocence, stripped away, discarded on the floor.
In the dirt, I bury hope that love leaves unlocked doors.
I am held, though never cherished, yet to be made whole.
My tears can wipe themselves away, but I must save my soul.
Bare feet, run, lead me home, where I am Mother’s child,
And toward the pale rose sunset for a pretty little while.
If broken wings may carry dreams, and carry me to sleep,
Take me far away from love and tell me what it means.

Aide T. said...
Aug. 31, 2011 at 10:44 am:
I like how peaceful the poem flows. I like how the character describes his/her feelings and thoughts about how they hope to love again. It’s a nice sad poem.

hermey replied...
Aug. 31, 2011 at 12:44 pm :
It's amazing how this poem makes me feel. Its like i belong to this.

Aide T. replied...
Aug. 31, 2011 at 12:48 pm :
Hermey your so awkward!

likemikeawesomeness replied...
Aug. 31, 2011 at 2:23 pm :
GET LAID U DESPERATE PEOPLE

likemikeawesomeness replied...
Aug. 31, 2011 at 2:24 pm :
PEOPLE JUST GET A LIFE AND GET LAID

mjoyismyjoy replied...
Aug. 31, 2011 at 7:35 pm :
Aide T. sees this peom different than us, and i respect that. it may not be the way Kiana intended to be heard, but we all have the right to an opinion. and, hermey, don't be offended when people call you akward. i completely agree with you.

Aide T. replied...
Sept. 1, 2011 at 7:19 pm :

Exactly thank you mjoyismyjoy, like you said I saw it differently and my intention was never to be mean nor negative about it (: 

Hermey: I never posted the "awkward" comment, someone might have gone through my computer will i wasnt in class. Ill make sure next time I log off though (: 

Aide T. replied...
Sept. 6, 2011 at 10:16 am :
I'm so weird!

blooding replied...
Sept. 7, 2011 at 11:56 pm :
I agree with you Aide T., if you think about not all poems are happy. It doesn't mean they aren't good. This came from someones heart and if most people were mature (hint, hint) then they would be nice. NOT TOTAL JERKS!

lkellerman543 replied...
Nov. 5, 2011 at 10:47 am :
Aide T. don't worry abut the negative comments, i myself am a poet and have had 4-5 poems published already, most of them about heartbreak and falling in love, not evrything has a happy ending and i can relate to your poem easily. heartbreaks are not fun and you need to be able to express it somehow.

Zap7861 said...
Aug. 31, 2011 at 10:33 am:
I really love this poem! Through the words of the author one can feel how the author had felt. They had the love which was once there, but now has just fallen to dust... It truly reaches out to peoples hearts and especially if someone has been through the situation before. I love the wording in this poem and how everything emotionally comes together.

singingdetective said...
Aug. 31, 2011 at 9:36 am:
Oh. Wow. This is incredible! I love the flow of it, and I especially love the meaning of it! You're able to tap very well into my emotions! This is so good, this really needs to be published in a book. If I could give it 10 stars, I would!!!!! That's how epic this is in my opinion!!!!

Hello Kitty! said...
Aug. 31, 2011 at 8:49 am:
i write poetry myself i enjoy it so much! i must say you are pretty good...i like the rhyming and the story put into this poem

turtlechearleater said...
Aug. 31, 2011 at 2:24 am:
Wow! I love to write poetry and try to write as much as possible but I don't think I've ever written anything this good. You are really gifted!

stormchaser13 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this is a beautiful poem...its sad but also very true

dark_armor1 said...
OMG! this is my favorite poem so far! I love it! And i love your word usage. The feeling this poem contains is really the cherry on top. WELL DONE!

gossimergrrl said...
this is really sad and beautiful.

Cello97 said...
This was a really beautiul piece of writing. I just started teenink and im a writr too. When i post em, will you check em out?

MusicMovement said...
This is an amazing piece. Really beautiful. If you ever have time I would love if you gave your opinion on my writing. I am just starting to write and could really use some feedback. Again, Love this poem!

iamAbel said...
Seriously so so so beautiful. I think i may have commented on this several months back, but i don't feel like looking through all the comments. Especially love the line: "Bare feet, run, lead me home, where I am Mother's child,"

GemValley250This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 9, 2011 at 3:27 am:
This is beautiful, i really enjoyed it:)