The Meaning of Love? This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The beating of my broken heart, now chained and locked away,
I hear much louder, through the night, than words we never say.
As hollow kisses turn to dust and fall against my skin,
I pray that I might find the strength to fall in love again.
Abandoned innocence, stripped away, discarded on the floor.
In the dirt, I bury hope that love leaves unlocked doors.
I am held, though never cherished, yet to be made whole.
My tears can wipe themselves away, but I must save my soul.
Bare feet, run, lead me home, where I am Mother’s child,
And toward the pale rose sunset for a pretty little while.
If broken wings may carry dreams, and carry me to sleep,
Take me far away from love and tell me what it means.

MYescape said...
 ur last line is my favorite ever since iread this ive put it on quotes on my things <3 even thinking about getting broken wings tatted on my bak with that line

krissynicole said...
Sept. 22, 2011 at 11:14 am
Can you say AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow that was really really good... I think you should follow your passion it will take you far in life that was great and i plan to read many more by you :D

EmiliePhillippi said...
Sept. 22, 2011 at 7:04 am
This is amazing! I give her the 1000001 thumbs up!

KJAngelAuthor said...
Sept. 21, 2011 at 8:14 am
I think anyone that read this would agree that we should all join together to give her at least a million thumbs up!!! It's amazing, and the picture your poem paints is beyond beautiful! Keep up the making of your masterpieces!!!

Kerra said...
i am sooooooooooo in love with this poem

gleek1234 said...
Amazzing...... wow.... loved it

AlwaysDanceInTheRain said...
Sept. 15, 2011 at 10:04 am
All I can say is wow. This peom seems to flow effortlessly. There aren't any parts I think should be rewritten or tweaked; it is absolutely perfect the way it is! I've still got chills

crazycatlady said...
Sept. 13, 2011 at 9:55 am
Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Good.....as you can tell.<3

bieberisawesome replied...
Sept. 14, 2011 at 8:18 am
not really i rated it only one star:(

CameandgonesmartyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sept. 5, 2011 at 11:47 am

I love this very much good job and congrats on getting it published!

Read my Work? I'd love to hear what you think!

bieberisawesome replied...
Sept. 14, 2011 at 8:17 am
okay i will gion there now:):):)

Aide T. said...

Exactly thank you mjoyismyjoy, like you said I saw it differently and my intention was never to be mean nor negative about it (: 

Hermey: I never posted the "awkward" comment, someone might have gone through my computer will i wasnt in class. Ill make sure next time I log off though (: 

mjoyismyjoy said...
kiana, keep writing... you have a true gift; don't let anyone tell you different. you have great expression.

darksunshine said...
it makes me feel sympathy, i know exactly how THAT feels

likemikeawesomeness replied...
GET LAID ALL U LOSERS

mjoyismyjoy replied...
that is not the type of thing i hope to read on this site, likemikeawesomeness.

Aide T. said...
Aug. 31, 2011 at 10:44 am
I like how peaceful the poem flows. I like how the character describes his/her feelings and thoughts about how they hope to love again. It’s a nice sad poem.

Bob markinhimerinism replied...
I feel this comment is a right feeling twards the poem but then again you could do alot better. I mean come on you could easily see that you didn't read it all the way through. I could come up with a lot better ways the explain the poem... This comment disgust me physical and emotionally. I can't even sleep without thinking how awfull this is. I'm sorry but you are disturbing... Good day sir!

JohnJacob replied...
I agreed with the comment above because it obiouse that Aide T. didnt read the story!!!

Chris wilsion replied...
I'm sorry to say but I must agree with you other comments. This is very negative. I'm not sure how to comprehend it.