The Meaning of Love? This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The beating of my broken heart, now chained and locked away,
I hear much louder, through the night, than words we never say.
As hollow kisses turn to dust and fall against my skin,
I pray that I might find the strength to fall in love again.
Abandoned innocence, stripped away, discarded on the floor.
In the dirt, I bury hope that love leaves unlocked doors.
I am held, though never cherished, yet to be made whole.
My tears can wipe themselves away, but I must save my soul.
Bare feet, run, lead me home, where I am Mother’s child,
And toward the pale rose sunset for a pretty little while.
If broken wings may carry dreams, and carry me to sleep,
Take me far away from love and tell me what it means.

RockGirl182 said...
Jan. 10, 2012 at 12:31 am
No words, my mouth hangs open... Your poem has summed up the question and I don't think anyone knows what the meaning of love is. Great job, you will go far and congrats on being published ! :)
KatieBaldwin95 said...
Jan. 6, 2012 at 11:46 am
I really enjoyed this poem. The pinch of rhythm really added a great touch to it. Obviously, in this poem there is a lot of emotional feelings which comes from the heart and that is what makes a piece of writing worth reading.
vazenitran98 said...
Amazing! Wish I could write like that!
Esraa said...
this is an amazing poem, and noone knows what love is until they really know its true, it has very sentimental value !
MonkeYBree said...
Your poem is really amazing, nice rhyming and a creative use of words. I felt you really kept the pace up and entertained me the whole time, when normally I end up feeling pretty lost. =
PookieBooski said...
Wow. This needs no other word.
kairi.kaylyn said...
I loved this article. Really well stuctured. It seems impossible to define love.
CJN0808 said...
Wow! Great poem! Hey anyoneone reading this come check out my poems and rate/ comment. I would really appreciate it :)
CJN0808 said...
I really like your poem! Hey anyone reading this come check out and rate and/or comment on my poems, it would really help me out :)  
GirlLovingLife said...
wow! awesome poem you have an awesome talent for writing..keep writing =)
Fia-fia said...
Dec. 19, 2011 at 11:59 am

THis Amazing and speaking volumes!! It deserves to be in the magazine. This is so interesting! THank you!

WeAllBurn said...
Dec. 19, 2011 at 11:30 am

that was phenomenal. like my jaw literally dropped, once I finished the poem. You have an amazing talent.

Please read my newest poems, Maybe, and, My Ship...

They both are relevant to thise poem. Comments or criticism is greatly appreciated.

Your an amazing writer, never, EVER stop <3

Morgan N. said...
Dec. 19, 2011 at 8:41 am
WOW this... this is amazing no more than that You are very talented... btw i teared up but I can relate
loveissmilesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 13, 2011 at 7:28 am
That was beautiful. no that was more than beautiful. I want to thank you for speaking the words I am to afraid to.
RedDaisy said...
I'm left without words for the first time. All I can say is that it's beautiful and...different...refreshing...
julywinters1226 said...
very good and full of emotion.:)
WhiteWings said...
awesome (whispers in awe)
Kalii said...
Love this! Write more, write more!
RedStory said...
You're a beautiful writer. Don't let anyone tell you any different.
Alexandrathepoet This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Absolutely breathtaking, I could read it over and over again and it wouldn't be any less amazing or shockingly good!