The Meaning of Love? This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The beating of my broken heart, now chained and locked away,
I hear much louder, through the night, than words we never say.
As hollow kisses turn to dust and fall against my skin,
I pray that I might find the strength to fall in love again.
Abandoned innocence, stripped away, discarded on the floor.
In the dirt, I bury hope that love leaves unlocked doors.
I am held, though never cherished, yet to be made whole.
My tears can wipe themselves away, but I must save my soul.
Bare feet, run, lead me home, where I am Mother’s child,
And toward the pale rose sunset for a pretty little while.
If broken wings may carry dreams, and carry me to sleep,
Take me far away from love and tell me what it means.

Fallen4Ever said...
Absolutely wonderful! I think u have a real talent for writing. Kepp it up your writing is lovely!

running4chance This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love your poem. It makes me feel alert in everything i don't know. Like I've conected to everything but the true conection. Does that make sense?

GuitarGirl92851 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 27, 2010 at 11:46 am
I love your limerick. It's seemingly innocent at a superficial level, yet so deep once you get into it. You've done well.

SUNDRY said...
Oct. 27, 2010 at 6:44 am
WOW!!!!!!! SO WONDERFULL!!!!! ONLY PEOPLE WHO HAD GONE THROUGH THE TRAUMA OF FAILED RELATIONSHIPS CAN UNDERSTAND THIS POEM!!!!!

Redbull12 said...
This has so much honesty, I can relate to it in so many ways. No one ever tells us when we're kids that there is a reason they call it "falling in love". Love is dangerous and can be deceptive. But yet is beautiful and we cannot live w/o it. Brilliant stuff here..keep it up! :)

Boosflash This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
ofcourse i enjoyed your peom captain. this was awesome and ilove the rhyming scheme. do your dance.

MrSensitive said...
it realy means alot to me that you enjoyed my work because you are such a tallented writer..you have some pretty ill ryems and i can feel your pain as i read... hope i can stay in touch

MrSensitive replied...
hahahah wrong person no but this is a good poem

Toe-Knee said...
Wow. this is really good! i love it. And, the thing is, it's sooooo true!!! (:

AlyssaNeal said...
Oct. 6, 2010 at 7:53 am
This poem is so strong and meaningful! I love your passion for writining, and you should really keep it up! One thing I really like is your descriptive language, as someone said below.

bethy4916 said...
I like how it all flows. The emotion is fierce and subtle, too. Pretty!

kmarie17 said...
Oct. 5, 2010 at 9:11 am

AMAZING! TRULY amazing! so beautiful & full of emotion! :) thanks for posting!

check out my work if u get time :)i would love to hear your opinion! (:

Jami... said...
OMG!! i love it!! this is like my new favorite on here!! awesome job!! keep it up :)

Toujours said...
Oct. 1, 2010 at 4:13 am
Lovely writing!  Your wording is fantastic; flowing, strong, I could go on and on!  I can relate to this poem so much!  Relationships never go as planned, do they?  As for the meaning of love, well, if someone hurts you, betrays you, decides you aren't enough; that isn't love. As for what it IS, I'm not sure anymore.

Yareli L. said...
i undrestand how you feel i use to feel the same...but im going to tell you something..FORGET THE PEOPLE IN THE PAST THERES A REASON WHY THEY DINT MAKE IT TO YOUR FUTURE :)  cheak some of my work,please??

summer rose123 replied...
I know what you mean!! when a guy breaks ur heart u dont want to let them go because you still love them..but u know you have to!!

rainsinger said...
Wow. I absolutely love this! This was amazing!

Heartless911 replied...

That gilr must have her heart broken pretty bad i feel bad for her

steroids replied...
Oct. 2, 2010 at 9:59 am
i agree with you i know how bad it feels to be heart broken. the way this sounds her heart was broken into multiple pieces.

summer rose123 replied...
totally i know what ur sayin