The Meaning of Love? This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The beating of my broken heart, now chained and locked away,
I hear much louder, through the night, than words we never say.
As hollow kisses turn to dust and fall against my skin,
I pray that I might find the strength to fall in love again.
Abandoned innocence, stripped away, discarded on the floor.
In the dirt, I bury hope that love leaves unlocked doors.
I am held, though never cherished, yet to be made whole.
My tears can wipe themselves away, but I must save my soul.
Bare feet, run, lead me home, where I am Mother’s child,
And toward the pale rose sunset for a pretty little while.
If broken wings may carry dreams, and carry me to sleep,
Take me far away from love and tell me what it means.

Dreamer21 said...
Wow this is a really great poem. I really liked all of the imagery that you used in it :D

WaffleOcean2934This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I think this poem is so beautiful!  Nice work on it!

Maggie99This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This was very well-written and easy to follow. A lot of poems don't grab my attention quick enough for me to finish reading, but I really enjoyed yours.

DreamingOfNirvana said...
WOW. To think that I was proud of my little poems. This is incredible! Great job!

TasalynThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is really beautifully writen! Can't wait to read more!

Ala E. said...
that was amazing the way you discriped how you feel and the choosing of words.  

VickyNickyKitty said...
Awesome, I love this poem!

love-in-words said...
I love the meaning of this powm, you are a really good writer.(:

MindlessPoetry_ said...
Wow that's really good! especially the last two lines! It gave me something to think about! I'd love it if you read my poetry too and gave me some incite.

taylor23 said...
it is acpiring and i hope to hear from you

divisriv said...
This is the typpe of writing that gives me hope that our generation actually has brain power. It was beautiful.

LadyofLit said...
That was amasing!!  you strung the words together so beautifully and they made perfect since while still being aloof!!

sadiewrites said...
Oct. 26, 2012 at 10:45 am
this was really good most limmerick poems i run into are like fairy tales or like cutesy and this was really deep.

XxElfen_LiedxXThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
:O omgggg its so epic xD

poeticz said...
this is amazing,it touched my soul, keep writing

WritterGirl1197 said...
This is really good! I like it alot! Keep it up! -Writtergirl1197  

Cara E. said...
Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:55 am
Really good, it's both comforting and painful to read, I wish I could write poetrey as good as you...

Dakota17 replied...
I completely agree with you, Cara E, because i wish i could write like this....I've always thought i was a talented writer, well, that is until i started to see writings like this one, it's absolutely beautiful! 

CreativeWriter2015 said...
i totally agree. this poem relates to me! :)   Advice: Continue to write

Masochist This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 2, 2012 at 10:35 am
I love this, please keep writing