The Meaning of Love? This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The beating of my broken heart, now chained and locked away,
I hear much louder, through the night, than words we never say.
As hollow kisses turn to dust and fall against my skin,
I pray that I might find the strength to fall in love again.
Abandoned innocence, stripped away, discarded on the floor.
In the dirt, I bury hope that love leaves unlocked doors.
I am held, though never cherished, yet to be made whole.
My tears can wipe themselves away, but I must save my soul.
Bare feet, run, lead me home, where I am Mother’s child,
And toward the pale rose sunset for a pretty little while.
If broken wings may carry dreams, and carry me to sleep,
Take me far away from love and tell me what it means.

ComeOnEileen said...
"writing is my passion"... sure makes a good caption! hehe, stupid rhyming joke. but a lovely poem.

gagalover22 said...
I love this!!!!!!!!!

Flora said...
Amazing. Writing is my passion as well, it's just I'm not as good as you. Keep it up

Love_Is_Torture said...
I read your Authors Note and I want you to know that writing is also a passion of mine ^_^ I have to say that I have felt this waymany times and I could relate to this poem no sweat :) Keep up the good work.

Ashleigh.WAOO said...

Oh wow...this nearly moved me to tears. I can definatly relate to this poem...which is kinda sad. I always promised myself I wouldn't be 'that girl' that hurts and hurts and hurts over a break up. But I became this girl.

Thank you so much for sharing your passion with us...keep going(:

YankeeSwagg said...
Nov. 18, 2010 at 9:14 am
I LOVE this poem (: please check out some of my work

kekerrs replied...
wow i love this poem especially love ones good poem

thatclarinetgirl said...
Nov. 18, 2010 at 8:36 am
follow your passion! Your good! Keep writting!

Breannasykexd said...
You're work is absolutely amazing. Your poem was the best I've ever read.

Jayme said...
Nov. 9, 2010 at 11:53 am
As you said about my article, this relates to my life completely. I can feel all the emotion and passion you put into you work. I love it :)

MRose911 said...
Holy cow. This is absolutely AMAZING! You truly have a gift! I must mark this as a favorite! Wow. Amazing!

kekdog replied...
This is supper good u really do have a special talent

nancyyy said...
Love is a very interesting topic. One that everyone wants to understand. I like how the complexity of love is captured in the piece and it still remains relatable. The voice eases the reader into the emotions and kept me interested from beginning to end.

Braids said...
this was wonderful. really i loved evry single word.

vegan416 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this is amazing. such a trite concept yet it was not trite at all. really amazing how you worded everything perfectly and it just flowed and it was just WOW.

Asteria replied...
This is truly wonderful. It flows really great.

Fallen4Ever said...
Absolutely wonderful! I think u have a real talent for writing. Kepp it up your writing is lovely!

running4chance This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love your poem. It makes me feel alert in everything i don't know. Like I've conected to everything but the true conection. Does that make sense?

GuitarGirl92851 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 27, 2010 at 11:46 am
I love your limerick. It's seemingly innocent at a superficial level, yet so deep once you get into it. You've done well.

SUNDRY said...
Oct. 27, 2010 at 6:44 am
WOW!!!!!!! SO WONDERFULL!!!!! ONLY PEOPLE WHO HAD GONE THROUGH THE TRAUMA OF FAILED RELATIONSHIPS CAN UNDERSTAND THIS POEM!!!!!