The Meaning of Love? This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The beating of my broken heart, now chained and locked away,
I hear much louder, through the night, than words we never say.
As hollow kisses turn to dust and fall against my skin,
I pray that I might find the strength to fall in love again.
Abandoned innocence, stripped away, discarded on the floor.
In the dirt, I bury hope that love leaves unlocked doors.
I am held, though never cherished, yet to be made whole.
My tears can wipe themselves away, but I must save my soul.
Bare feet, run, lead me home, where I am Mother’s child,
And toward the pale rose sunset for a pretty little while.
If broken wings may carry dreams, and carry me to sleep,
Take me far away from love and tell me what it means.

dreamerz said...

I feel the same way right now... :/ I love this, great job. 

Please check out my work? My actual screen name is ElleNicole and my poem is Change, which I would say is at least worth looking at. =) Thanks so much if you do and sorry for advertising on this lovely poem. I need a ton more feedback, good or bad... whatever! I'd just love for some people to really tell me what they think. 

writerfreak21231This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
I read some of ur poems! there REALLY good! If any one loves poems, read ElleNicole's. ur really good at writing poems! keep up the great work! :)(: (and this is no joke what so ever by the way)

Mars5 said...
I really liked the truth in this poem. You've already been told a hundred times how good you are so there's no point in me saying it too. You just communicated your idea with proper word choice really well.

Danielerr_Kidd said...
this is truely amazing<3(:

Mariam.J said...
Jun. 26, 2011 at 6:33 am
Absolutely, breathtakingly, beautiful <3' :')

oneesama said...
"If broken wings may carry dreams, and carry me to sleep, Take me far away from love and tell what it means" This line just got to me... It came to me at full speed and just blew my breath away as the saying goes X3

Iamhere4u This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Breath taking...so, beautiful. <3 

hailey.prainito said...
Tear wiper. Absolutly beautiful.

FictonFan101 said...
that was really gud!

endend1210 said...
I love this. It's about the loss of innocence, and mostly we see the bittersweet sides, but this is the mostly bitter side. Brava.

little-miss-mistakes said...
Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:26 am

heart felt and amazing!!

Afra- said...
Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:18 am
This is so beautiful. 

Remembertoforget said...
Jun. 3, 2011 at 8:55 am
Hey I'm doing a report for english class on poets, and I've decieded to do you as my person, although I was wondering if by any chance you could possibly email me at AEgirl1824 so that I could hopefully get some more information on you and your writing styles. Your work is wondeful, and it really insires me. My name is alex by the way, I'm a sophmore in high school. Hopefully this doesnt sound too creepy, but i really would appreciate an email if you have time. Thanks alot, Alex :)

J.P. said...
This reminds me of a quote that I'm working on right now

KevinB.C. said...
Creative imagination at its bloom. I absolutely adore this poem; I feel as though this applies to every human being in a strange, beautiful metaphysical sense, and I deeply sympathize with the central idea of the poem. Well done Kiana, well done!

andie_64 said...
Very rich in the fluency of heartbreak and love. Creative imagery "and toward the pale rose sunset...". Well done, in my opinion :)

iamAbel said...
I love love love this poem. Really amazing. My favorite line is "Bare feet, run, lead me home, where I am Mother’s child,". I don't know why but it's so pure and innocent and gives such nice imagery. :) Great job again!!

VanillaDee said...
This is a beautiful poem, you have a lot of talent. My favourite bits are, "As hollow kisses turn to dust and fall against my skin," and "If broken wings may carry dreams, and carry me to sleep,". I felt that the whole poem summed up your emotions perfectly.

featherssss said...
this is so beautiful, i can relate to this alot. very good poem

pinkypromise23 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
wow...that is simply amazing...espically 'as hollow kisses turn to dust and fall against my skin' amazing.

dancergurl22 said...
May 13, 2011 at 8:31 am
this poem is amazing! i LOVE IT!