The Meaning of Love? This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The beating of my broken heart, now chained and locked away,
I hear much louder, through the night, than words we never say.
As hollow kisses turn to dust and fall against my skin,
I pray that I might find the strength to fall in love again.
Abandoned innocence, stripped away, discarded on the floor.
In the dirt, I bury hope that love leaves unlocked doors.
I am held, though never cherished, yet to be made whole.
My tears can wipe themselves away, but I must save my soul.
Bare feet, run, lead me home, where I am Mother’s child,
And toward the pale rose sunset for a pretty little while.
If broken wings may carry dreams, and carry me to sleep,
Take me far away from love and tell me what it means.

EmptySoul said...
Jul. 18, 2011 at 9:26 pm:
Please, read mine and let me know what you think.

EmptySoul said...
Jul. 18, 2011 at 9:25 pm:
This is an amazing poem!

LifeWriteThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 18, 2011 at 6:15 pm:
Wow! Just wow! I was...brought INTO this poem; like it was written just for me! I am in love with your writing style and I hope you write more like this! :) If you have a chance, I'd realllllly appreciate it if you could tell me what you think of my poems.

Angie.Hudak This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 18, 2011 at 12:18 pm:
This is one of the best poems I've heard in a while! I'm totally in love with your writing<3 I'd love to see more poems like this. There's not many writers in the world thats words speak to me like this one did. I totally understood it all, which most words don't talk to me. I LOVE THIS!<3

mimirocks124 said...
Jul. 18, 2011 at 10:39 am:
this was truly fantastic! ur words relly spoke to me and were visual and discriptive. keep up the gud work!

Dia.dreamer said...
Jul. 18, 2011 at 9:51 am:

"Abandoned innocence, stripped away, discarded on the floor" that was my favourite line... :)

this poem was just lovely. I loved your useage of words!! I didn't just see the picture the poem created..I was IN it.. (check out my poems btw)

writerfreak21231This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 18, 2011 at 8:56 am:
It was was AWESOME!!! great job! (Sorry for advrertizing) I just wrote two stories called nightstalker and the beast. If anyone could check them out and post some comments and feedback that would be great. Thanks! and keep writing everybody! :)(:

Anerio_Deorma said...
Jul. 18, 2011 at 2:35 am:

You summarize the  thoughts that I do not have the ability to put into words. I feel you and I...we are, among others life's "Humble Observers"

TAR11 said...
Jul. 14, 2011 at 8:43 pm:
Very cool.  I'd appreciate you checking out my work From the Hilltop and Anonymous' Inferno. 

NEVER_Perfect said...
Jul. 14, 2011 at 11:55 am:

This is very deep and inspiring, once upon a time i cuhd relate to these feelinqs..

But take it frm meh - dont ever qive up on love. Beautiful poem

rosaposa said...
Jul. 14, 2011 at 11:25 am:
whoa... this was absolutely inspiring. so great, loved it! great work! 

Princess2011 said...
Jul. 10, 2011 at 12:31 am:
with 606 comments..and the fact that this poem was published in the magazine.. i really dont have much to say..however  i am compelled to use one word to describe this poem and that is-- TOUCHING..:)

Danealle said...
Jul. 9, 2011 at 9:47 am:
wow! this is amazing!!! Great job! 

dreamerz said...
Jul. 6, 2011 at 9:59 pm:

I feel the same way right now... :/ I love this, great job. 

Please check out my work? My actual screen name is ElleNicole and my poem is Change, which I would say is at least worth looking at. =) Thanks so much if you do and sorry for advertising on this lovely poem. I need a ton more feedback, good or bad... whatever! I'd just love for some people to really tell me what they think. 

writerfreak21231This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jul. 24, 2011 at 7:16 pm :
I read some of ur poems! there REALLY good! If any one loves poems, read ElleNicole's. ur really good at writing poems! keep up the great work! :)(: (and this is no joke what so ever by the way)

Mars5 said...
Jun. 26, 2011 at 8:36 pm:
I really liked the truth in this poem. You've already been told a hundred times how good you are so there's no point in me saying it too. You just communicated your idea with proper word choice really well.

Danielerr_Kidd said...
Jun. 26, 2011 at 4:21 pm:
this is truely amazing<3(:

Mariam.JThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 26, 2011 at 6:33 am:
Absolutely, breathtakingly, beautiful <3' :')

oneesama said...
Jun. 21, 2011 at 5:48 pm:
"If broken wings may carry dreams, and carry me to sleep, Take me far away from love and tell what it means" This line just got to me... It came to me at full speed and just blew my breath away as the saying goes X3

Iamhere4u This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 23, 2011 at 8:53 pm :
Breath taking...so, beautiful. <3