The Meaning of Love? This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The beating of my broken heart, now chained and locked away,
I hear much louder, through the night, than words we never say.
As hollow kisses turn to dust and fall against my skin,
I pray that I might find the strength to fall in love again.
Abandoned innocence, stripped away, discarded on the floor.
In the dirt, I bury hope that love leaves unlocked doors.
I am held, though never cherished, yet to be made whole.
My tears can wipe themselves away, but I must save my soul.
Bare feet, run, lead me home, where I am Mother’s child,
And toward the pale rose sunset for a pretty little while.
If broken wings may carry dreams, and carry me to sleep,
Take me far away from love and tell me what it means.

turtlechearleater said...
Aug. 31, 2011 at 2:24 am
Wow! I love to write poetry and try to write as much as possible but I don't think I've ever written anything this good. You are really gifted!

stormchaser13 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this is a beautiful poem...its sad but also very true

dark_armor1 said...
OMG! this is my favorite poem so far! I love it! And i love your word usage. The feeling this poem contains is really the cherry on top. WELL DONE!

gossimergrrl said...
this is really sad and beautiful.

Cello97 said...
This was a really beautiul piece of writing. I just started teenink and im a writr too. When i post em, will you check em out?

MusicMovement said...
This is an amazing piece. Really beautiful. If you ever have time I would love if you gave your opinion on my writing. I am just starting to write and could really use some feedback. Again, Love this poem!

iamAbel said...
Seriously so so so beautiful. I think i may have commented on this several months back, but i don't feel like looking through all the comments. Especially love the line: "Bare feet, run, lead me home, where I am Mother's child,"

GemValley250 said...
Aug. 9, 2011 at 3:27 am
This is beautiful, i really enjoyed it:)

Laura_Oliver said...
Aug. 2, 2011 at 11:11 am

This is a really meaningful poem. I can only hope to achieve your level of poetry.

Plus please check out my poems, "True Colors" and "When the Storm Comes" and leave some feedback!

BeccaAnne said...
this is amazing!

writerfreak21231This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
wow, its beautiful! great job! I just posted a couple of stories if anyone could read them, that would be great. please post comments and feedback. I enjoy reading it! Thanks, and keep writing! :)(:

-daydreamer- said...
I can't get enough of this poem! It's just beautiful!

Ashley M. said...
I like your poem, maybe you could check my poem out if you ever have a moment?

MaestroDegrassi said...
It's really well written, and the words kind of remind me of my poem Stop! Keep up the good work. :)

EmptySoul said...
Please, read mine and let me know what you think.

EmptySoul said...
This is an amazing poem!

LifeWriteThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow! Just wow! I was...brought INTO this poem; like it was written just for me! I am in love with your writing style and I hope you write more like this! :) If you have a chance, I'd realllllly appreciate it if you could tell me what you think of my poems.

Angie.Hudak This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is one of the best poems I've heard in a while! I'm totally in love with your writing<3 I'd love to see more poems like this. There's not many writers in the world thats words speak to me like this one did. I totally understood it all, which most words don't talk to me. I LOVE THIS!<3

mimirocks124This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 18, 2011 at 10:39 am
this was truly fantastic! ur words relly spoke to me and were visual and discriptive. keep up the gud work!

Dia.dreamer said...
Jul. 18, 2011 at 9:51 am

"Abandoned innocence, stripped away, discarded on the floor" that was my favourite line... :)

this poem was just lovely. I loved your useage of words!! I didn't just see the picture the poem created..I was IN it.. (check out my poems btw)