The Meaning of Love? This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The beating of my broken heart, now chained and locked away,
I hear much louder, through the night, than words we never say.
As hollow kisses turn to dust and fall against my skin,
I pray that I might find the strength to fall in love again.
Abandoned innocence, stripped away, discarded on the floor.
In the dirt, I bury hope that love leaves unlocked doors.
I am held, though never cherished, yet to be made whole.
My tears can wipe themselves away, but I must save my soul.
Bare feet, run, lead me home, where I am Mother’s child,
And toward the pale rose sunset for a pretty little while.
If broken wings may carry dreams, and carry me to sleep,
Take me far away from love and tell me what it means.

passion_poet19This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 10:07 am
i feel this within. i love this poem mind if i add this to my favorites

thatunknownthingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 5 at 9:13 am
Love the rhyme and the fantastic last line!

SweetMonster365 said...
Mar. 30 at 11:17 pm
I agree with you completely its really good this has to be my favorite limerick

sweetheart1234 said...
Feb. 25 at 1:00 pm
its really good.

Anna S. said...
Feb. 20 at 1:31 am
this isnt a limerick?

OurVoicesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 1 at 2:35 pm
this is amazing work! great job! 5 stars!

Thefanatasticagirlie101This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
@Appul I totally agree with you. Someday, somehow, somewhere, she will become the next generation author that changed writing styles for teens in a whole different level. Keep up the great work Kiana.

dappled.sunlight This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow! I love the rhythm and imagery! :)

OrliveeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 8, 2014 at 7:35 am
This poem totally captures it...awesome!!

Appul said...
Jul. 22, 2014 at 1:29 am
I loved your poem. You have the gift of writing. God bless !!

Love_HopesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 10, 2014 at 2:04 am
Your poem was simply breath taking. Your choice words spoke louder and with much more clarity than anything I've read in a while. I will definitely be sharing this with my creative writing class, with due credit of course.

2-Is-Better-Than-1 said...
I really do love this poem a lot!

whynot? said...
Apr. 28, 2014 at 2:40 am
lovely poem dont know the feeling but i can picture it :)

Puzzle This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Needed this. Now.. That is all.

CreativeMeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I love your poem it descripes my feelings  

KaylaaLovee said...
love this..my.feelings.exactly.

Taeona said...
I love your poem.

SoImAWriterNow said...
Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:24 am
Best poem I've read about love. Speaks so many volumes.

sarah98This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is probably the best thing i've read on here. five outta five stars. check out some of my work??

Thefanatasticagirlie101This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
I'll check out your work if you check out mine. Deal or no deal.