Idiosyncratic This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Thoughts are mistaken for many plots.
When you think, others think not.
Ideas are tarnished as you soliloquize.
Eccentric as you know it, you realize;
Cynical but sweet gestures relax your mind
and interpreting language that does not rhyme.

Uncanny is the technique you depict your thoughts.

You’re lovely; however, your intelligence is your fault.

HbkooyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 12 at 1:37 pm
Nice poem, and cool use of big words :)

sarah98This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
fancy words! i love an intelligent poem!!

Fia-fia said...
This is a very interesting poem. I don't totally understand it but i know enough to say it is amazing.... really well written and i like the thought about intelligence... thank you! :)

Babe said...

Luv the poem.

Hear my rechid thoughts comibed with yours

here my thoughts awaken souls of deep dark fears

Of what your scared of do not be because together you and me

Francesca said...
I love the last line.

EnigmaticBeing said...
I like the fact that this poem made me think because more often than not I scan over a poem, get the gist of it, and forget about it. This piece will forever be ingrained in my memory. This is because not only is the vocabulary superb (I actually had to look up 2 of the words) but the meaning is something I've never seen before. The thought that intelligence could be the fault rather than the lack of it is an enigma. Overall it's a lovely poem so please keep writing.

WriterCritic said...
I believe that the poem is creative, but, for one thing, it is offbeat. It isn't a limerick. Also, it is foolish to say that intelligence is a fault. Pride is a fault; intelligence ISN'T. It sounds like you're expressing the envy that so many people hold against intelligent people. Still, your wording was very colorful. Nice work. 

Killerkate replied...

personally i have to agree with the line you disagree with because in a way a persons intellenage is their fault because some people dont have much of it , and sometimes its their own fault tht this is so

Colorful4u This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Intelligence can be a fault by not having any ambition to be smart or well educated. Intelligence can also lead to power hunger individuals and I think too much of a good thing, isn't really a good thing at all. Thank you for all of your opinions.

Joele12 replied...

Nice way to put it. Alot of intelligent people don't strive as much as others because he/she thinks he/she is too good for other things to do. but intelligence is a good thing. everyone is intelligent at something they just need someone to bring it out.

Nice limerick though loved the title.

JaneDoeYo! said...
Apr. 29, 2011 at 7:31 am
that was freaking amazing! o.O

JohnDoeYo! replied...
Apr. 29, 2011 at 7:33 am

ya i know right?!

btw i like ur name =D

LylaLovesLife said...
Dec. 16, 2010 at 12:37 am

That's awesome! love it! Keep writing!!!!!!

The_Squirrel said...
I actually found this from somebody's favorites, and I'm glad they like it, because I do too. The words you used made it especially descriptive, with out being overbearing. Thank you fro writing it, it's now one of my favorites.

Karamel This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is so clever that I'm not sure I completely understand it... All I know is that I appreciate your ability to rhyme words that some people can't even say. :D

nancyyy said...
Really liked the whole piece and the rhyme. The last line is my favorite.

kmarie17 said...
Oct. 5, 2010 at 9:15 am

really good word choice and i love your ryhme scheme! Amazing poem! thanks for posting!

*Check out my work if you have time i would love to hear your opinion ;)*

M.Mollette said...
Good choice of words. I think it is amazing that you are able to express  your intelligence through extravagant words. Keep writing!!!!

theMysteryPoet said...
Aug. 3, 2010 at 12:56 am
Amazing use of rythm and vocabulary. A definite 5 my dear :)

crubs3 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sorry hit 4 stars by accident!!! 5 all the way!!!