Sleepless Nights

Eyes. I close my eyes,
Hoping to soon fall asleep,
All becomes dark,
When suddenly it starts,
The images begin to repeat.

Walls. White walls,
Stare at me for hours,
They serve as shields,
For they won't yield,
The scenes that devour.

Time. Sweet time,
Ticks by without warning,
It's no surprise
Their words are lies,
Time can't heal this mourning.

Anathema-Equinox said...
I never written a limerick before, but after reading this poem it insiprid me to write one.  You can obviously see the emotion, this poem has depth. LOVE IT :)

FallenoutofgraceThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
not crazy for limricks but i might start liking them after reading this good job

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I'll be honest I don't like limmericks; I just don't ever since I was a kid. But this, this is beyond a limmerick. It contains emotion and depth, not like most cheesy limmericks. Love it!

SarahGrac3 said...
This was great! You are really talented and I love your word choice, which made it very fun to read.

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is impeccable! I don't think I have ever read a limerick, I wish that I had before, because this was amazing. The form is so special and nice, I really like it! I'm glad I got to read my first limerick by you, such a great writer! The rhymes in here are very soft and sweet, I liked them a lot! I feel like this all the time while I sleep, but you were able to capture a feeling in such a sincere way. This was clear and vivid! Great job!