Through That Doorway

Through that doorway lays a land full of peace,
people full of hate,
and hearts full of love.
Turn the doorknob and see the fires cease,
officials in debate,
wealth and power rise above.
What lays beyond the door-frame is but a bipolar mess,
an indecisive crowd,
lazy and crazy "countrymen".
Step out and let your mind know of our worthlessness,
see the shrouds,
think of how long this has been.

Fallenoutofgrace said...
short, sweet , extremly deep i like your flow and you meaning behind very deep though whichi loved

Mckay This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is very deep. I love how you can convey deep emotions with your poetry. 

TheEpic95 said...
Holy shoot, a real good one! I like this, i like the tone and the way it makes you think. I paused in the beginning when i got to "people full of hate,/ and hearts full ove love." As i am sure you wanted me to. I was so used to thinking of doors into wonderlands and Narnian wardrobes that I had tostart over before continuing. This is a door to the real world, and perhaps that is a little more valable, at least in some ways. Your rhymes were clever, the idea behind int all almost wildly simple, b... (more »)

LexusMarie said...
Hi! I love how in this poem you say things without really saying things! There was a sense of mystery and open perspective because you let the reader take what they want from this and try to decipher what it was about to not only you, but to the reader. The word choices are wonderful! The rhythm is also wonderful! Amazing, amazing job!