Wordless Protest This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Who is Moore to measure poets but a half?
What sorrowful flaw mixes poetry with math?
If it doesn’t mix in with the
classical norm,
Nor embraces the free verse storm,
Does it mean it has no place?
Because it lacks a voice,
Does it indeed lack a face?
Is not the chef, with his frying
and scraping,
All the more godly for lack of verbal draping?
Does not the painter’s brush, and its colorful use
Speak only of beauty, and
poetic truth?
What of the writer and his all-encompassing prose;
Does not his pen speak of unearthly joys and timeless woes?
If all beauty be found in the land of rhyme and verse,
And all other marked paper, be but a dark hollow curse,
Then why do I find the glorious sensation,
Hidden deep inside the euphoric jubilation,
That lives inside the shining
white nation,
Of a day’s honest work, and a nights fantastic creation?

IndiloveThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 16, 2012 at 8:31 am:
This is fantastic!!! great work!!!!

aphids77 said...
Good poem. It could be better, though. Your rhyming was very good... but half of the poem could be improved without it. You could make simple adjustments to certain lines without taking out its meaning that allows for a flowing rhythm, and it'd be easier to read. My favorite parts? The painter's description and lines 2-8. Brilliant. The last line would also be better if not mixed with the silly ending rhymes. It gets in the way of what you're trying to say. Still though, very good poem

krissynicole said...
Sept. 22, 2011 at 11:22 am:
Simply and Truley Amazing!!! :D

brookey said...
Jul. 18, 2011 at 9:50 pm:
omg i love it simply amazing!!!!

CarpeDiem96This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 13, 2011 at 5:25 pm:
Great job! This is really creative. I applaud your use of rhyme, expecially because it sounds so flawless! Sometimes, I feel like rhyme can sound forced, but this wasn't at all. Excellent job :)

YOUNGRevelation8 said...
Jul. 3, 2011 at 4:16 pm:
Your writing dexterity is noticable! an amazing writer you are would be expecting to read more from you. BEAUTIFUL

inkersThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 21, 2011 at 11:24 pm:
This was beautiful.

trademarkoperation said...
May 13, 2011 at 5:11 pm:
What I really like about this is that the rhyme doesn't cheapen the sound of the poem. Whenever I try rhyming, it always sounds corny, so I admire this talent that you have. Fantastic!

Kleopatra said...
Mar. 25, 2011 at 5:59 am:
Beautiful. Absolutly blissful. Continue your writing in poetry, you are indeed a wonderful writer.

RedheadAtHeartThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 19, 2011 at 11:49 pm:
That was beautiful.

Never_Say_Never said...
Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:48 pm:
Wow... you are a talented writer. Keep going!

poetic_tragedy said...
wow...you are a wicked writer...much appreciation, hop e to see even more from you

ricky said...
Sept. 30, 2010 at 11:14 am:
its sarahs birthday!!!!!ahes cool

Emokittiycut This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 25, 2010 at 3:46 pm:
wow! big words but it totally makes you stop and think. i loved it. check out a few of mione and let me kno watcha think. luv it! much appriciated.

silent-one said...
Jan. 14, 2010 at 11:30 am:
love it! the questions really made me think about the message of this poem. i thought it was great!

lisa92 said...
Jan. 14, 2010 at 10:19 am:
i love it! this poem really does have a lot of meanings to it and this poet seemed to read my mind and how i would say things.