To Wear Yellow to a Funeral

Caress my ashen hand-brittle and crisp
Speak gently to me in your toddler lisp
Mourn with your smile gaily
Dare to love my dear Hayley
Please forgive my succumbing breath by wisp

beautifulspiritThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 18, 2012 at 10:26 am
This is nice---a different view on death. This doesn't sound morbid, but rather chooses to celebrate the life of the loved one. The title works~

Fayrouz This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
The title really caught my attention. I enjoyed reading this out loud because the rhyming is nice and fun to say. Good job and keep writing!

dontforget This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Absolutely beautiful(:

applesauceHater said...
why?!?!?:(us so good. its not fair;0 jk. but you are better than me. I not so good at rhyming and making it sound beautful as yours 5/5

samiasaskia24 said...
This is really a great limerick!

IamtheshyStargirl said...
Awwww, I loved this. It reminded me of Luna Lovegood immediately after I read the title. 

LoudDreamerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Very good, this was very moving, my favorite line was "Mourn me with your smile gaily." Awsome work, I really like this peice!

ReadWriteBreathe said...
I really like this one. The words you use are really original and emotional. Great job