The Stained Glass of a Vulture

Like a mother, I must give birth.
Cook and warm literature at my hearth.
When words breach prematurely,
They’re raised slowly, but surely
Until prepared for harsh life on this earth.

GreenSerenity said...
The rhythm is wonderful and makes it a very fun read. Nice word choice and line separation. I might come back later and check out more of your work, but right now I'm pressed for time. :)

dontforget This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow, this is fantastic! (:

applesauceHater said...
arent you a master of poetry;(but now i'm jealous, and for the very everyone probably is too. this is just wonderful:)

PaigeStreet This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Pretty deep! Simple, but good. 

IamtheshyStargirl said...

Y'know, I'd kinda figured limericks were always just silly, apparently they aren't O.o

Your limericks are really good, they seem so earthy, like they're grounded in the dirt. It's beautiful. 

samiasaskia24 replied...
I agree here! They have meaning unlike other limericks I know.

ReadWriteBreathe said...
Once again, great poem. I'd like it if it were longer though. Short but it has a very powerful effect on the reader. Great job.

LoudDreamerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
I disagree, respectfully, With RWB. I think it was the perfect leanth, there are so many more things that could be said that I think you were smart to end it there, or it would have gone on forever. This reminds me of a poem that I wrote as a little kid called "story pie". It was a little more whimsical than this though, and not nearly as good. Great work, Five stars!