Storming Your Brain

Stomp through the corridors of your mind,
March instep to the rhyme,
Every idea kept in time,
Like those Shakespearean poetic lines.

Determination,
A soldier,
Perseverance,
Its mission.
Tracking all those scurrying thoughts,
Trapping and lining them up,
In their specific slots.

Then your target is spotted,
Your course has now been plotted.
Storm your brain,
Each passageway in and out,
And there,
Without a doubt,
You’ll find,
That perfect dream,
The thread of your story,
Like dew drops in the early morning's gleam.

Rolledthestone This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:56 am:
I know that feeling. Searching your brain, racking it to find an idea. Mostly for titles. I never know can come up wth a title for my more recent poems. It sometimes takes months before I settle on one that I like.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 20, 2013 at 5:26 pm:
I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets those sudden bursts of having to write what's in your brain when you least expect it. No inspiration but the sudden need to write can create lovely poems like this. Dont stop writing what suddenly comes to your brain—and don't fix it. It's more organic left that way.

SecretFlameThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:32 pm :
Thanks for the feedback!