Chained To You

I’m chained to you,
Under lock and key,
Still remembering the day,
When you said you loved me.

Your eyes widen on cue,
While I try to hide my snickers,
As I ask in a bitter tone,
“You thought I was joking, didn’t you?”

This torture is no metaphor,
As you can plainly see,
From the rust-encrusted ovals,
And the rope burns on my knees.

You fight the chains and ropes,
But I know it’s no use,
Cause you lost the keys years ago,
When you began your abuse.

You cry with fear,
Tears racing down your face,
As your struggles start to weaken,
And you accept your doomed fate.

I can't help but laugh,
When I see your tortured eyes,
Cause I wore that look not long ago,
When your words were laced with lies.

I’m free now,
Free from all the pain,
And I hope you live a happy life,
Encased in ropes and chains.

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 1, 2013 at 10:45 pm:
Hey there.. you are VERY talented. You convey a lot of different emotion and back-story in here that is very interesting. The emotion is wickedly good and the word choices are wildly well written. Ha, how'd you like that alliteration with all the w's? But, I loved this. The title reeled me in.. just like a chain, ironic? I really enjoyed this. I like your rhymes.. they are really fun to read the way you used them. And they seem to ease the mood a bit. The sixth stanza.. holy perfect.. I ... (more »)

InkWriter13 said...
Jun. 21, 2012 at 12:43 pm:
Wow. So vivid, so powerful, so real. You captured the situation really well. A relatable topic too. I loved your high moments like laced with lies and you cry with fear and the ending of course. Great work. Would you please comment on my poems titled Angelic Beings and On a Chilly Night? Thanks.:)

WishfulDoerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jun. 21, 2012 at 1:21 pm :
Thanks so much for the feedback! And yes, of course!

zone7494This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I reaaly like this it's sweet yo. You did a great job. I just submitted a poem caled if you would let me love you, tell me what you think about it please.

Aug. 13, 2011 at 9:47 pm :
Thank you! I'll definitely check it out.