Where the Sad Things Hide This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

As they kissed for the last time
His eyes betrayed the cruelty of his crime
She was broken beyond repair
His last words, “Take care,”
Locked into her mind they stood
Where even death did no good
And hidden there in that sad place
Is the trace of an angel’s tear as it rolls down her face
The water it stained as it fell
There is where the sad things dwell

Alina R. said...
i love this poem it make sense and made me almost cry :')

XxXSABBETHXxX replied...
his poem did make me cry lol i just got over my first true love.

Britty replied...
i undertsnad i just lost my true love too

j bird said...
Mar. 30, 2011 at 9:18 am
greatt imagess and great emotion.

ThePride This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This poem is wholly astonishing with the images painted, the sincerity of the emotion and the overall message. Great work. Looking forward to reading more of your stuff!

EyesWideShut This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Beautiful. :)

txdrama said...
Jan. 25, 2011 at 11:54 am
i LOVE this!

Seelix said...
This is lovely, the word choice is very beautiful and the whole poem makes you want to keep reading it forever.

soaringbug This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
good poem. and nice picture to match.

shychick101This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 4, 2010 at 8:36 am
omg i can relate to this! its so beautiful!!

Duckie430 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this is really beautiful

gagalover22 said...
Nov. 18, 2010 at 9:42 am
I think this is beautiful and after a break up with my first love, it makes me feel better! :)

Jennay. said...
This makes me feel sad to whoever this has happened to. The 'crime' that you speak of, refers to cheating I believe and if I’m right then something like that would always be remembered or how you said 'stained'. This poem is commendable to the broken hearts and the situations that have occurred similar to this. A limerick like this could touch someone deeply because it’s very precise of what it’s about. Although it is depressing, it’s a wonderful poem to read.

ricky said...
Sept. 29, 2010 at 11:26 am
jennie+adam forever

Dragonscribe said...

Aren't limericks supposed to be funny/light-hearted?

But forget that, it's a great poem. I love the emotion.

CieraDesiree said...
This was really great. I loved it=) So much emotion and imagery

Jennay. said...
Writing out of grief nd sadness is the best because you have so much feeling, and this I could really imagine every detail. I really pictured the whole thing. It is great (:

funnythewayitis said...
really beautiful and well written. i like how the ryming isnt too obvious but that it is there to make it flow

live.create16 said...
this is truly amazing :]

melone96 said...
ur amazing!! ur like a poetry goddess!! i love this poem! keep writing plz! and read my stuff 2..i would love another poet's opinion!