Assignment: Write a Limerick

I once had to write a dumb poem
So I took and worked on it at home
But the limerick was tough
So I gave up that stuff
And that’s why this last line doesn’t rhyme.

nelehjr This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Had to laugh! Hahaha! I love it! 5 stars to (Insert your favorite Hogwarts house here______) (C'mon, you know it's Ravenclaw!) How does one write a limerick anyway? Is it anything like a hiaku?

4qui133 said...
Ha! i don't like limericks unless they are meta-limericks--limericks about limericks are awesome if done right. great meter too. I have a piece in the poetry section called "cliche:" it's not a limerick but i was really pleased with the meter when i wrote it. you might like it, so if you want, check it out.

I like pie said...
I am sorry if I freaked you out.. :( 

I like pie said...

I am stalking you...

I know you are a funny mormon. I think you are a boy. I am working on reading all of your stuff. Big fan.

Imaginedangerous This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...

...Thanks for the compliment.

Do you mean 'stalk' as in, read-all-my-stuff? Or as in, trying-to-find-my-address?

I like pie replied...
I meant stalk as in reading all your stuff. 

AshTree said...
Haha. My teacher would yell at me. She already thinks I'm a smart alec. Oh well, I love this. It brightened my day.

Fortunately, he had quite a sense of humor- otherwise I wouldn't have tried it. :)

CuteAsIce said...
Sept. 30, 2010 at 11:53 am
cute - the simplest, everyday writing is the best

emergingtalent said...

i laughed out loud! i love your writing! keep on writing!

Healing_Angel This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
This is clever- Your writing about how hard it is to write a limerick! In the process, you created one! Great job!