wish. | Teen Ink

wish. MAG

By Allen. PLATINUM, Palo Alto, California
Allen. PLATINUM, Palo Alto, California

[i]No matter how much people try to put you down or make you think other things about yourself, the only person you can trust about who you really are is you[/i] -Crusher-P

at least I tried to
hold on to what we never
really had

Allen. PLATINUM, Palo Alto, California

Thank you so much! I'm also very proud of this one, so I'm glad you liked it ; u ;

on Feb. 14 2016 at 11:47 am
ThrillQueen126, Seattle, Washington
I love how even your shortest poems manage to convey so much emotion, while leaving room for the imagination. Amazing job, and congrats on getting published!

Allen. PLATINUM, Palo Alto, California

Thank you! I actually had no idea I'd get published, especially not twice in two consecutive months. This is amazing, really.

.king. SILVER said...
on Jun. 3 2015 at 11:20 am
.king. SILVER, Yeux Bien Tres Bien, Other

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

This is awesome! I love haiku and your style. Tbh, I'm not surprised you got published, 'cuz I knew you always had it in you. =^.^=

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

Awesome! So happy I could re-introduce this book. And again, I'm proud of your poem being in the magazine.

Allen. PLATINUM, Palo Alto, California

Thank you, Mackay- I'm glad you took the time to read this. And I'm really happy to be in the magazine, so thank you again. I just found the book on Amazon, and it looks really good. I'm going to buy it for myself, I think. So thank you a third time for introducing it to me!

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

it reminds me of this book i saw today at a book store called chasers of the light by tyler knott gregson. it's ridiculously cute but astounding. if you haven't read it, go buy it. it's worth it: the style and formatting and the poems themselves.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

again you create something seemingly tiny, like a pearl. yet, as a pearl, it's gorgeous even amidst all the sand and chaos and despair of this world. nicely done. and congrats on the publication. ^u^

on Apr. 6 2015 at 12:35 am
Allen. PLATINUM, Palo Alto, California

Thank you. I can certainly see that being true.

on Apr. 5 2015 at 5:10 am
Amara-rose GOLD, Pendleton, Indiana

Let go and live.

Another great poem i feel like it coinsides with the first one i commened on

Allen. PLATINUM, Palo Alto, California

Thank you very much, Muppet Silver.

Lysander PLATINUM, Bangalore, Other

I slay.

awsum !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on Mar. 23 2015 at 10:57 am
Allen. PLATINUM, Palo Alto, California

Thank you. At this point, I honestly can't remember if I meant to do that, but at this point I don't think it would sound better in the format.

TheDolphin ELITE, Iloilo, Other
I love how you deviated from the haiku format. This is so amazing. 10/10

Allen. PLATINUM, Palo Alto, California

I'm rather amazed I didn't notice that, to be honest @-@ How did I get an editors' choice for this?

Redolvene GOLD said...
Redolvene GOLD, Sunny, Florida
I really like the concept of your poem, it's creative and original. However, technically it's not a haiku because the last line has only three syllables instead of five. Great work though and congrats on getting editors choice! :)

Allen. PLATINUM, Palo Alto, California

Thank you, Gursimar. I'll be sure to write more.

on Mar. 14 2015 at 8:22 am
Gursimar BRONZE, Sirsa, Other

“Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering.”

Well done Amai-kun

on Mar. 14 2015 at 8:21 am
Gursimar BRONZE, Sirsa, Other

This is the first Haiku I have read,Its very good.