Stranger

Who is she really?
That strange girl in the mirror?

She just can’t be me.

moderndayEmilyDickinsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 24 at 12:35 am:
Oh my gosh. I just recently wrote a poem that was similar to this. I can connect to this, because so many times I have felt like that beofre and sometimes feel still. I love it, a lot. You helped me so much, and I thank you so much, Hanban12. Thank you. 

Liv.HarrisThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 30 at 7:54 pm:
This is beautiful! I will always think of this poem when I mock my twin scars that grace my bottom lip. It will really help me knowing that I'm not the only one that feels this way, as if I don't know myself, and that the world is so detatched. I have always struggled with how I look, and find that if I read, and I write, and if I become a beautiful person with intelligence and meaning, perhaps I'll be able to live with my looks. This poem really inspires me despite its length. I h... (more »)

Hanban12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jul. 1 at 4:45 pm :
I'm so happy you liked it so much! I really hope you get past that physical mind-set, because you're such a nice person. People will look past your physicalities, and I hope you do too :)

Liv.HarrisThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 2 at 12:28 am :
Thank you! I know it doesn't sound like much, but I don't hear that very often. I think I'll get over it eventually; I mean that was why I started to write- to be the person I was too afraid to be in reality. XD

Luv4EverThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 24 at 3:28 pm:
hahaha i feel the same way! i've always wanted to see a poem that expresses this

JRayeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 18 at 9:27 pm:
*Wonders how to follow-up that last comment... I like it! :) Haiku's are so cool, you put so much meaning into so little words, which you completely did. I feel like this all the time, looking in the mirror, wondering who I'm looking at - and I'm sure plenty others can relate as well. Awesome job :)

HalveOfLifeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 18 at 3:46 pm:
The stranger you see in mirror is the person of who you need to meet.  The person others think you are.  The person you see in the mirror is you.  Whether is be a stranger, or not, sometimes you have to stop looking for the stranger in the mirror and ask yourself, is this really a stranger or is it someone who abides to take over my soul, someone who wants to take you do down, I can tell you, you are not a stranger to me, for I know you are a really heartfilling person.  I on... (more »)

May 18 at 8:43 pm :
Thank you for leaving such meaningful comments on many of my pieces, it truly means a ton, and it makes my day. I will always remember that, and maybe I'll start seeing myself in the mirror instead. Thank you again :)