The Mime This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I'm done with this gig
Because I can't press my palms
To the glass anymore

BandGeekAndProud This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sept. 27, 2014 at 11:50 am
There are only two kinds of haikus: crappy ones and beautiful ones. This is in the second category. I can relate so much to the feeling of hopelessness and just being done with everything this poem makes me personally feel. I'm not sure if that's how you meant it, but I think it's fantastic that you wrote something that conveyed emotion to your reader, even if that wasn't the emotion you meant to send.

JRaye This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you so much, I'm glad :)

EmmaClaire0823 said...
Sept. 25, 2014 at 10:19 am
The simplicity of this poem portrays such a deep meaning. It's beautiful. 

MissEmilyDickinson This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow. This just perfectly describes it. I love it. It may be short, but it's so powerful. You have such a talent and greatness in you; I hope you know that. Thank you, thank you so much for sharing this. Also, congrats on having this published. ^_^

Sept. 18, 2014 at 10:14 am
Thank YOU, Thank YOU so much!! :D

elycavill This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
So amazing! Speechless! Congrats for the mag! 5*

Thanks!!! :D

theblondechick This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is so cyptic and mysterious and thought provoking and something I can relate too! Wonderful. 

Thank you! :)

Mckay This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Usually I'm not stumped with meaning of poems. But then comes along something so beautiful—and deeply moving—but cryptic to me; something like this. I love your wording in this poem. And the picture I can visualize. But I just can't fathom the meaning. You must explain what this lovely piece means. Your haiku is excellent. And definitely deserved gracing the pages of Teen Ink. Well done. 5/5

Aug. 17, 2014 at 11:39 am
Thank you ou SO much for your beautiful words! :D Now, everyone's felt trapped or isolated at one point or another - It happens all the time, whether someone else or we ourselves are doing the imprisoning. Personally... I have Asperger Syndrome, a mild form of autism. I can function well enough, and but it can be really hard to express myself at times. T These words just came to me one night - I was so sad, so angry, so desperate to break free from myself... These words are some of my rawest... (more »)

Mckay This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
You know what. Now I get it. I'm at a point right now in my life where I feel fustrated. I wake up every day with the weight of anxiety pressing down on my shoulders. I sleep with that weight drowning me. The only times where I don't feel that burden is usually when I'm online just drifting time, at church, or when I'm writing. Exactly right now at this time, I was feeling supremely anxious (or more like feeling this awful sense of dread). I felt better earlier today for a while ... (more »)

WOWriting said...
May 31, 2014 at 8:51 am
Meaningful :) I don't like haiku too much, but this is nice

Thank you :)

asofnow This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I really enjoyed the simplicity of this. Although it is, superficially, about a mime, I feel like this is a very relatable poem. Nice job!

Hanban12 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love this piece! It's simply beautiful, in an elegant sort of way, and it's packed with tons of emotion and meaning. This definitely deserved to be placed in the magazine! Congrats! :)

WinterRose1976 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow, this truly is a special piece. It's short, yet amazingly powerful! Well done 5/5

Thanks so much! :)

_Zavery_ said...
My favorite haiku ever by far. It's hard to convey a deep meaning in only 3 lines, but you really did it well. Good job!

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it :)