Love is Key

A heart frozen stiff-
Melts not from smoldering rage;
Only by warm love.

Ang_loveeeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 22 at 7:07 pm
I really love the phrase, 'smoldering rage'. It jumps out at you

moderndayEmilyDickinsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 12 at 10:26 am
I'm glad your poem has comments! Becasue it's really wonderful, just like you are! Short as it may be, it's still powerful! I love your poem! Keep on writing! I'm cheering for you! Thank you, for sharing this! This helped a lot! ^_^

Sparrow01 said...
Jul. 9 at 12:59 pm
I really love this :) there's so much truth in so few words, beautiful

TaylorWintryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 3 at 10:08 am
Oh that is beautiful. Just mystifying. I don't know if mystifying is the accurate word, but I just got that vibe from this poem. Mystifying. Really nice. And PS I love how your title matches the pic. (:

WOWritingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 28 at 3:12 pm
Short but sweet :)

Luv4EverThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 24 at 3:25 pm
naturally elegant. terrific

mollybug14 said...
May 7 at 6:14 pm
A simple poem that says a lot. Very good haiku. 5 stars :)

Love2Read72This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 1 at 10:20 am
Simple and elegant. Beautiful.

HellishRequiemThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 1 at 10:05 am
so much said in so few words...nice poem

ansem_unlimitedThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 23 at 5:59 pm
I can't claim to be knowledgable in haikus, but the other aspects of it like flow, and word choice were well designed, and delicate

RosalynneThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 18 at 12:50 pm
Wow... that was beautiful. Smoldering... I love that word.  

411Ellie_ This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 17 at 9:57 am
I love it! Impecable word choice! 5/5 stars :-)

Hanban12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 13 at 6:18 pm
Gorgeous description! I love your comparison between warm love and smoldering rage; I think that's a beautiful way to put it. It's to the point and simple, the way poetry is meant to be. Awesome job! :)

NobuoThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 9 at 7:44 pm
you're good at haikus