The Need to Write | Teen Ink

The Need to Write

By nelehjr DIAMOND, Lingle, Wyoming
nelehjr DIAMOND, Lingle, Wyoming

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Every time I
Sit down to write a story
It is a poem!

Having not been working on some grand, major, novel, project lately I find myself in a bit of a slump. Writing poetry and short stories isn't as great as I thought it would be after all.

on Feb. 18 2014 at 10:57 am
SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

OOHHH THEN I"LL BE WAITING. Though mostlly I read poems on here as I'm wayyy too lazy nowadays to read stories but I SHALL READ YOURS. lemme know when it gets posted okay!

nelehjr DIAMOND, Lingle, Wyoming

That means loads to me! Thank you so much! I just...I'm not a huge fan of my own poetry. It's too personal... I guess. Thank you so much! I have, by the way. It's just time to do some editing... I detest editing.

on Feb. 8 2014 at 3:12 am

- Maya Angelou

Ohhh.. But why don't you enjoy poetry? It is fun in itself. ANd well I really hope and pray you get that inspiration for the story soon enough as it means so much to you. I will pray. ^_^

nelehjr DIAMOND, Lingle, Wyoming

Thank you for your concern but I'm alright. I was more frustrated when I wrote that poem. I picked up the pen hoping something good would come out and BLAM! Poetry...That read more like a steampunk story. It was weird. Didn't like it much. I really need some inspiration.

on Feb. 6 2014 at 11:35 am

- Maya Angelou

OH nelejhr! Why so gloomy? I feel sad too now. Not the poem though which was fantastic but I mean what you wrote on the right made me worry