Why I Am Late to School

Sorry I am late
Oh, please don't mark me tardy
Heed my alibi

During my transport
Plaque clogged the arteries--it's
Lucky I'm alive!

thomakab14 said...
I interprested it as if the heart attack was the literal and was a metaphor for trafific... like cars clogging up streets. No? Lol.

thomakab14 said...
This is absolutely hilarious!

411Ellie This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you! I am glad that you understood what I was getting at! :D

SaphiraBrightscales This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 19, 2013 at 11:23 am
Hey, Lexy! You really must pardon me on this one, having never studied Biology I suppose I am quite ignorant when it comes to stuff like this :/ And I suppose there might be other metaphors in it but reading the comment by unknown made me biased so I cannot comprehened what they might be. So, you really need to explain this one to me :) Love, Saphira.

hieverybody said...
Hi Ellie!!!!!!! Yet again this is shows your creativity and your wonderful ideas for you haiku's. Very good poem! People do the infinite cosmos challenge!!!!! (it's fun)

...Unknown... said...
Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:58 am
Tja... Intressante. Transport, I believe you are referring to dieoxyribnucleic acids being transported through the veins and plaque build up blocked the arteris. Therefore, causing a heart attack or cardiac arrest.Clever indeed.

Nov. 18, 2013 at 7:34 am
That's exactly what I was referring to! Thank you :)