What's Left Behind This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The short sprig of mint,
I roll between fingers,
Leaving soft residue.

nomistoo said...
today at 2:29 pm:
I love the use of the senses--touch, sight, and smell. Very vivid and real.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is an exceptional haiku. I love the image you picture in this poem. The leaving behind of something you hold in your fingers. It's beautiful. Congrats on the Editors' Choice! 

LaChouetteThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I've always been really amazed by haikus and the imagery they create and this is no exception! I really like how you can take a simple moment such as this and give it more meaning. Really great job. There was only a minor error with the lines being a bit off, but it's still really good. Keep up the good work!