Why I Write This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I write to create
In the world’s massive novel
A page of my own

Bush the Liberator said...
Dec. 15, 2010 at 9:31 am
A life-changing haiku.
WindDancer said...
This is really good! I once read a quote online (sorry I don't know who by) that read "I read to escape, I write to confront". I think that is so true. And keep writing, you have a gift and if you're passionate about something, you should never stop!
starlight26 said...
Nov. 26, 2010 at 11:06 am
YES!! I AGREE this was really good. I believe that writing should be  a gateway to expression and creativity. Of course everyone enjoys learning that other people like their writing, but I think it should also be personal and moving. Great job with the haiku. I LOVED IT! Check out some of my work if you'd like. THANKS. :)
LilEd said...
Thats exactley how I feel about writing too
Undefined Creativity replied...
I love this Haiku. It is one of the best I've ever read. I understand what you are saying and I feel just as you do. More teen writers need to share this theme and stick with it.  Great work
ThouShallNotTalkShit said...
Nov. 10, 2010 at 5:42 am
This is really good! I feel that every budding writer can relate to this! Well done!
writinglover24 said...
This is PERFECT! Amazing.... :)
rock175 said...
Wow!!! Terrific poem!!! So meaningful in so few words!!
misswindsor said...
Wow!!! I absoutley LOVE this poem. I like how it is very terse and simple.
FunFace said...

there are so many posts here that i doubt mine will change anything but i wanted to tell you how much this poem took what i felt and turned those feelings into words.  i have always written stories to leave my mark, i read alot and i want to give something back.  You expressed those feelings so beutifully.

Amazing work!!

BabyZippee06 said...
wow. i read this and all i could say was 'wow'. i think im gonna write a poem...
Ariel_Rosario said...

This has inspired me to write a piece of my own!

You're amazing. So much power and meaning within three lines.

LadyMoon said...
Oct. 13, 2010 at 11:47 am
This poem is so short and simple but it carries such powerful meaning. Definently one of my faves!
heather:) said...
Oct. 13, 2010 at 8:24 am
that is so pretty...... :) i like it a lot!
communicativedistractions said...
So much power in 3 simple line..AMAZING
GuitarGirl92851 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I don't know how you did it, but you crept into my mind and stole my feelings, then put them into words.  I love it.
Carmel94 said...
Im speechless...(=
the_real_reggie_rocket said...
Sept. 16, 2010 at 7:47 am
This is one of the best Haikus I've read on here. Extremely powerful...and cute :) Great poem!
GreenLover said...
Sept. 14, 2010 at 10:30 am

i love it!

writting is my way for my voice to be heard also. and to express my feels i keep inside.

you shoud check out some of my new work. :)

SnickerLover said...
very creative. nice way with words.