Sunflower

You grow tall towards
the heavens, hoping, someday,
God might notice you.

TheSkyOwesMeRainThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
today at 1:23 am:
I love this, and the message it conveys. It's really hard for me to write meaningful haikus, but I think you did a really great job here. I can relate so much :)

Jade.I.AmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 9 at 11:28 am:
This is really deep, and I love the metaphor. And it's very relatable :) Now that I think about it, I need to do some catching up on your work. Off to do that! See ya :P

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 12 at 5:02 pm :
Thanks, mah pimp. By the way, I need to do the same with your work. Thank you.

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 1 at 1:32 am:
Hey brah! Thanks for all the wonderful comments you've left the past few days, as always I appreciate them very much and they truly do make my day! I have been reading so many flower poems lately, why have I never written one? Anyways, this first off reminded me of the book I told you I'm reading, Mythology. In the love stories when people die and they bleed, the blood spots leave the earth and turn into beautiful flowers. And it's sad, but the stories have really stuck with me, just... (more »)

Aug. 1 at 6:12 pm :
Thank you, thanks, merci, gracias, ty, 謝謝, dank u, danke, σας ευχαριστώ, buíochas a ghabháil leat, grazie, gratias agimus tibi, obrigado, brah. 

ChrisJThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 30 at 6:03 pm:
Well, I recognize this work, and think that it is very well done. And I really like the message that you convey here, it reached out to me. Yeah, so good job and please keep writing!

Jul. 31 at 2:09 pm :
Thank you so much, ChrisJ, for the encouragement and for the feedback. I promise to continue writing. 

LabradorianThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 1 at 8:11 pm :
I'm no deity, (although I am another person) and I, however insignificant, join with ChrisJ to recognize your talent in writing this very simple, very articulate poem. I enjoyed the read. 

Aug. 2 at 4:24 pm :
I'm honored that you think so. Truly. Thank you.