Abstinence VS. Sex

Society mocks
abstinence; but God detests
all fornicators.

God gives us sacred
purity; society
offers sex. Who's right?

EmmaCGThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 19 at 9:57 pm
Beautiful poetry, honestly. But I can't help but share my opinion that god should be separate from society since that's a personal choice and society is general life Still, your message is wonderfully conveyed and you deserve all the praise you receive

BILLY1235 said...
May 10 at 9:07 am
love this so much I can totally relate LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chessi.mariaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 27 at 11:50 am
I love that someone wrote this poem because it's exactly what I've been thinking. You stated it beautifully!

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 27 at 10:56 pm
thank you so much. it's something that a lot of teens think about at one point or another, even if we think we don't think about it.

chessi.mariaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 28 at 7:08 pm
I know exactly what you mean!

ambivalentThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 15 at 11:23 pm
I live by "do as thou wilt as long as thou harm none," so, in my opinion, as long as what goes on in your bedroom isn't hurting anyone, it's okay in my book.

Apr. 27 at 10:59 pm
there's truth to that, i agree. at the end of the day, it's your choice what how you live your life...as long as there's an equal understanding and mutual respect, it's okay... thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts.

cheetahsdontroar said...
Mar. 17 at 7:20 pm
The hard truth being told through beautiful poetry. Love it

Apr. 27 at 10:59 pm
yep. tough subject to write about. glad you liked it! ^u^

Poetry101This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 11 at 6:24 pm
I know where you are coming from.

Apr. 27 at 11:00 pm
i'm glad to know i'm not alone debating this internally. thanks for reading :)

Underwater_patricia said...
Jan. 9 at 9:43 pm
Oh that is amazing!

Apr. 27 at 11:01 pm
awwwwww!! thanks for the kind words.

BenitoJuarez98 said...
People are but animals; nothing more, nothing less. Excellent haiku(s).

Apr. 27 at 11:03 pm
there's truth to every opinion, in one way or another. thanks for sharing your opinion. glad you liked this little rambling.

PragmaticIdealistThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Well said! I think it would make quite an interesting debate.

Apr. 27 at 11:04 pm
it would :) not one that i'm really fond of, but i'm happy it's making people share their opinions and thoughts on this subject. poetry should do this, engage us in important themes.

amiller0110 said...
I think this poem raises a good question. my opinion is everything in moderation. I agree with @Positivity_At_Its_Finest

Apr. 27 at 11:05 pm
glad you think so. thanks for sharing your thoughts!

sophieee27This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is something I've been thinking about for so long but struggle to say to express to others. You are immensley talented for portraying this particular issue in such few words. I love it