Abstinence VS. Sex

Society mocks
abstinence; but God detests
all fornicators.

God gives us sacred
purity; society
offers sex. Who's right?

WindRunner said...
today at 12:49 pm:
I love the reference to the Lord and what He says about purity, showing the relashonship between a broken society and a perfect God.

aoife This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 12 at 7:23 am:
I think a person's sexual choices, whether they chose to have sex or not, should be 100% personal choices. I don't think society or religion should have any say in what I am comfortable with, or what I do with my own body and/or relationships. Everyone should have the right to information about sex, and the right to make one's own choices about it.

AlliArsevell replied...
Oct. 7 at 4:38 pm :
I agree with your statement here

east_of_adaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
99.9999999% sure we're meant to have sex. totally. probably. :3 abstain if you'd like, but you'd have to have sex eventually.

lkk4209This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Interesting poem. And I see you have a call for us to share viewpoints! Well, here is what I believe: Soceity and religon both put too much emphasis on sex, but on opposite planes (religion leans towards "against," society leans towards "for'). People should not be mocked or shamed or treated poorly in any way based on their sexual choices, whether it be staying abstinant or having sex with multiple partners. If people are to engage in sex, they should have three things: saf... (more »)

Scarlett_the_pegacorn said...
I personally think that sex is a sacred act, so yeah. I'm old fashioned. Sure, I'm immature, make terrible sex jokes, and of course am an awfully hormonal teenage girl, but in the end I plan to wait till I'm married. I haven't even had my first kiss though, technically, so I suppose I'm in no danger at the moment...

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oct. 1, 2013 at 4:40 pm :
Aren't we all crude and hormonal? XD Thanks for sharing your view on this poem, bridezilla. Always means the world when you comment. 

Scarlett_the_pegacorn replied...
Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:52 pm :
My heart leaps with excitement everytime I see you've made a new post. Thanks for making my life a little bit brighter, bridezilla. ;3

pineappleprincess replied...
Oct. 1 at 2:59 pm :
i totally agree with you. i think that you should only have sex with someone that you truly know, trust and duh love. thats what sex is its the act of love. ^.^

MyApocalypticThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I appear to offer my Heathen Opinion on the Most Excellent Haiku :))   Sex is sex. Both society and religious schools of thought attach wayyyy too much meaning to it, creating undesirable extremes: On one plane, sex is glorified, turned into a product to be sold, exploited, rather than a natural part of life on earth. On the other plane, sex is feared, which can lead to both mental and emotional issues that can stem from constantly having to deny one's body a need which can be satis... (more »)

Sept. 2, 2013 at 10:01 pm :
XD As much as I agree with everyone else, due to my spiritual views and teachings, I couldn't agree with you anymore. Which makes me sounds hypocritical but it's true. I mean, everyone should do what they think. I agree s*x shouldn't be gluttoned; it leads to an addiction (Silver Linings Playbook). But if you fear it also, then it's not healthy. It's normal. People lust and crave and desire. Everything in proportion. As a virgin, which I'm proud but somewhat embarrassed t... (more »)

Midnight5765This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 7, 2013 at 11:12 am:
It oblivious that society makes intercourse normal too have before marriage. It leads to impurity, single mothers and more chances of spreading sexual diseases. I agree with God always because he alldready told us its a fallen world. Great questions

Sept. 2, 2013 at 9:48 pm :
Thank you, MIdnight, for expressing your views. I appreciate it that you took the time to read this. And then meditate on it. And after, expressing your thoughts. 

BrisaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 23, 2013 at 7:50 am:
Only a few centuries ago our country's society leaned heavily towards abstinence and strict purity...in the span of two world wars it changed radically. However God has always been pretty adamant in His rules, haha. If consistency is anything to judge by, I'd say God's right :) thanks for the poem and for putting yourself out there.

Jul. 23, 2013 at 5:54 pm :
Thank you for voicing your opinions and your thoughts. I appreciate the thorough feedback.