Abstinence VS. Sex

Society mocks
abstinence; but God detests
all fornicators.

God gives us sacred
purity; society
offers sex. Who's right?

Patrick82432This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I believe that neither are right since religion is a choice rather than a staple in life. Although my views are slightly different, I still give praise for this piece, I enjoy the simplistic approach to such a controversial topic and the approach you took towards it. The end question was the line that I feel had the most impact, as it internalized a question that has no true answer, just one that varies depending on individual morals, beliefs, etc. It really makes everyone who reads self-evaluat... (more »)

JadeJester said...
God is but a creation of society, Why deny sexual freedom to humanity for what? sacred purity? What about a HAPPY life?

nelehjrThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I don't know what to say but "SAME!"

Edwardnight replied...
today at 2:20 am
as you said. Same.

book_lover_777This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I think that God is right.

graphiteshimmer replied...
what you said.

EmmaCG said...
Beautiful poetry, honestly. But I can't help but share my opinion that god should be separate from society since that's a personal choice and society is general life Still, your message is wonderfully conveyed and you deserve all the praise you receive

BILLY1235 said...
May 10, 2016 at 9:07 am
love this so much I can totally relate LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chessi.mariaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 27, 2016 at 11:50 am
I love that someone wrote this poem because it's exactly what I've been thinking. You stated it beautifully!

Mckay This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
thank you so much. it's something that a lot of teens think about at one point or another, even if we think we don't think about it.

chessi.mariaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
I know exactly what you mean!

ambivalentThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I live by "do as thou wilt as long as thou harm none," so, in my opinion, as long as what goes on in your bedroom isn't hurting anyone, it's okay in my book.

there's truth to that, i agree. at the end of the day, it's your choice what how you live your life...as long as there's an equal understanding and mutual respect, it's okay... thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts.

cheetahsdontroarThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
The hard truth being told through beautiful poetry. Love it

yep. tough subject to write about. glad you liked it! ^u^

Poetry101This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I know where you are coming from.

i'm glad to know i'm not alone debating this internally. thanks for reading :)

Underwater_patricia said...
Oh that is amazing!

awwwwww!! thanks for the kind words.

BenitoJuarez98 said...
People are but animals; nothing more, nothing less. Excellent haiku(s).