Abstinence VS. Sex

Society mocks
abstinence; but God detests
all fornicators.

God gives us sacred
purity; society
offers sex. Who's right?

sophieee27 said...
today at 5:46 pm
This is something I've been thinking about for so long but struggle to say to express to others. You are immensley talented for portraying this particular issue in such few words. I love it

addisonclaireee said...
Jun. 26 at 2:07 am
true love is abstinence, which insures sex isn't all he/she wants.

C. said...
Jun. 23 at 12:59 am
Every sound screams; each has one voice. So I say, thank you -- keep your faith.

passion_poet19This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 15 at 1:30 pm
i really like this it tell so much with a short amount of words.

GG_LeBodeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 20 at 4:44 pm
This is a great way to show the double standard. I love the concept and your elegant word choice. Have you considered writing something similar as a diamond poem?

Positivity_At_Its_FinestThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 26 at 2:11 pm
I like this. I feel that it's your choice on whether or not you want to have sex. You have to be smart for yourself, if it doesn't feel right don't do it.

Mar. 26 at 2:08 pm
You can now tag other users by using "@".

OwlRose97This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 28 at 8:27 pm
Wish more people thought this way. It is a choice you have to make that is between you and God. Love it!

WindRunnerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I love the reference to the Lord and what He says about purity, showing the relashonship between a broken society and a perfect God.

aoife This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 12, 2014 at 7:23 am
I think a person's sexual choices, whether they chose to have sex or not, should be 100% personal choices. I don't think society or religion should have any say in what I am comfortable with, or what I do with my own body and/or relationships. Everyone should have the right to information about sex, and the right to make one's own choices about it.

AlliArsevell replied...
I agree with your statement here

east_of_adaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
99.9999999% sure we're meant to have sex. totally. probably. :3 abstain if you'd like, but you'd have to have sex eventually.

lkk4209This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Interesting poem. And I see you have a call for us to share viewpoints! Well, here is what I believe: Soceity and religon both put too much emphasis on sex, but on opposite planes (religion leans towards "against," society leans towards "for'). People should not be mocked or shamed or treated poorly in any way based on their sexual choices, whether it be staying abstinant or having sex with multiple partners. If people are to engage in sex, they should have three things: saf... (more »)

Scarlett_the_pegacorn said...
I personally think that sex is a sacred act, so yeah. I'm old fashioned. Sure, I'm immature, make terrible sex jokes, and of course am an awfully hormonal teenage girl, but in the end I plan to wait till I'm married. I haven't even had my first kiss though, technically, so I suppose I'm in no danger at the moment...

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aren't we all crude and hormonal? XD Thanks for sharing your view on this poem, bridezilla. Always means the world when you comment. 

Scarlett_the_pegacorn replied...
My heart leaps with excitement everytime I see you've made a new post. Thanks for making my life a little bit brighter, bridezilla. ;3

pineappleprincess replied...
i totally agree with you. i think that you should only have sex with someone that you truly know, trust and duh love. thats what sex is its the act of love. ^.^

MyApocalypticThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I appear to offer my Heathen Opinion on the Most Excellent Haiku :))   Sex is sex. Both society and religious schools of thought attach wayyyy too much meaning to it, creating undesirable extremes: On one plane, sex is glorified, turned into a product to be sold, exploited, rather than a natural part of life on earth. On the other plane, sex is feared, which can lead to both mental and emotional issues that can stem from constantly having to deny one's body a need which can be satis... (more »)

XD As much as I agree with everyone else, due to my spiritual views and teachings, I couldn't agree with you anymore. Which makes me sounds hypocritical but it's true. I mean, everyone should do what they think. I agree s*x shouldn't be gluttoned; it leads to an addiction (Silver Linings Playbook). But if you fear it also, then it's not healthy. It's normal. People lust and crave and desire. Everything in proportion. As a virgin, which I'm proud but somewhat embarrassed t... (more »)

Midnight5765This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 7, 2013 at 11:12 am
It oblivious that society makes intercourse normal too have before marriage. It leads to impurity, single mothers and more chances of spreading sexual diseases. I agree with God always because he alldready told us its a fallen world. Great questions