The Dance of the Rain

Tears of angels from above
Harmoniously, gracefully
Caressing, cradling

Tip-tap, drip-drop, plop
Melodically dancing
On the empty streets

Tip-tap, drip-drop, plop
Playing a soft, calming tune
The roof, it's musical drum

Ends, it's graceful dance
Deathly still, peaceful silence
Once again restored

bree_breeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 3 at 1:26 pm:
Reminds me of steady rainy days :) obviously. i like how you refered to the drumming on the roof thats my favorite part of rainy days. You did a great job on this.

ChocolateLoveThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 2:47 am :
Thank you :D

cassiopeia said...
May 30 at 8:31 pm:
Wow, I love your delicate way of discribing the rain. Reading this I can't help but picturing a rainy autumn afternoon with a nice blanket and a cup of hot chocolate :D Really love this poem! Keep posting your work ;)

May 31 at 5:22 am :
Hahaha :) thank you so much :D.

sarah98This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 30 at 6:32 pm:
wow! haikus normally aren't my thing, but this was beautiful

May 31 at 5:21 am :
Thank you :D

TheEpic95This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 27 at 1:03 pm:
This is beautiful. I am always enraptured by rain, and anything pertaining to it. The last two stanzas of it, especially.

Chichot123This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
May 27 at 1:14 pm :
I'm so glad that you like it :D 

RoyalCoronaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 27 at 10:37 am:
So beautiful! I love the rain and this poem speaks to all those rain lovers!

May 27 at 12:52 pm :
Thank you :) 

Rebecca.xxThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 26 at 5:34 pm:
Wow. Great haiku. Such a simple topic, yet beautiful. I liked how the poem seemed hopeful and peaceful, but deep as well. Good work!

May 27 at 2:44 am :
Thank you :D 

PhoebeBThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 26 at 8:43 am:
Haha. I love this poem a lot. When I woke up this morning, the skies were chucking it down with rain, and so I went out onto the porch to listen to music and check my teenink and stuff. I have to say, I read your poem maybe, 50 times or something like that. It perfectly fit the mood of the rain, and that just shows how well you conveyed your ideas, feelings, and mood of the rain. Also, I love the last line, the coda "Deathly still, peaceful silence, one again restored." I like how... (more »)

May 26 at 11:58 am :
Wow, thank you so much. I can't believe that my haiku was compared to Robert's Frost "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening". I am sooo glad that you liked it :D