The Dance of the Rain

Tears of angels from above
Harmoniously, gracefully
Caressing, cradling

Tip-tap, drip-drop, plop
Melodically dancing
On the empty streets

Tip-tap, drip-drop, plop
Playing a soft, calming tune
The roof, it's musical drum

Ends, it's graceful dance
Deathly still, peaceful silence
Once again restored

bree_breeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Reminds me of steady rainy days :) obviously. i like how you refered to the drumming on the roof thats my favorite part of rainy days. You did a great job on this.

ChocolateLove replied...
Jun. 25, 2013 at 2:47 am
Thank you :D

cassiopeia said...
Wow, I love your delicate way of discribing the rain. Reading this I can't help but picturing a rainy autumn afternoon with a nice blanket and a cup of hot chocolate :D Really love this poem! Keep posting your work ;)

ChocolateLove replied...
May 31, 2013 at 5:22 am
Hahaha :) thank you so much :D.

sarah98This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
wow! haikus normally aren't my thing, but this was beautiful

ChocolateLove replied...
May 31, 2013 at 5:21 am
Thank you :D

TheEpic95This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is beautiful. I am always enraptured by rain, and anything pertaining to it. The last two stanzas of it, especially.

Chichot123 replied...
I'm so glad that you like it :D 

RoyalCorona said...
May 27, 2013 at 10:37 am
So beautiful! I love the rain and this poem speaks to all those rain lovers!

Chichot123 replied...
Thank you :) 

Rebecca.xx said...
Wow. Great haiku. Such a simple topic, yet beautiful. I liked how the poem seemed hopeful and peaceful, but deep as well. Good work!

Chichot123 replied...
May 27, 2013 at 2:44 am
Thank you :D 

PhoebeB said...
May 26, 2013 at 8:43 am
Haha. I love this poem a lot. When I woke up this morning, the skies were chucking it down with rain, and so I went out onto the porch to listen to music and check my teenink and stuff. I have to say, I read your poem maybe, 50 times or something like that. It perfectly fit the mood of the rain, and that just shows how well you conveyed your ideas, feelings, and mood of the rain. Also, I love the last line, the coda "Deathly still, peaceful silence, one again restored." I like how... (more »)

Chichot123 replied...
May 26, 2013 at 11:58 am
Wow, thank you so much. I can't believe that my haiku was compared to Robert's Frost "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening". I am sooo glad that you liked it :D