A Place Called Elsewhere

The Here and Now is
not all that exist; there is
a place called Elsewhere.

Superhero_FanThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 8:52 pm:
Mckay, that was awesome. Your title was what drew me in, but after that it was pure talent! Great job taking fifteen words and packing them with fifty. You're an awesome writer; Don't stop! ;)

TheEpic95This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 26 at 12:22 pm:
Why is this inspiring?

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
May 27 at 7:47 pm :
Is that a good thing? Thanks.

TheEpic95This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
May 28 at 9:24 am :
No. Its horrible. Why would you want to be inspiring?!?!?? Just look at all the kids who know dream of being scienticts because they know here and now isnt all there is? Who didnt jump off that bridge because they know there is a new tomorrow? Who want to explore or become astronughts, sailors, pilots and other good things because you told them there are other tings to see? Dont go making the world BETTER with your words, then we will have less to complain about! Shesh! Not. This is beautiful, M... (more »)

Jun. 4 at 2:38 pm :
Hahaha. Thanks, Christi. I was worried for a second that you didn't like it. My worries can fade now. I'm glad you love it. Thanks.

Scarlett_the_pegacornThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 21 at 2:35 am:
Whoooaaaa *Keanu Reeves impression* Thats really deep! lol mind=blown

May 21 at 2:34 pm :
I know. What can I say? I have that effect on people. HAHA. Thanks. Scar! ^u^

sarah98This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 20 at 5:58 pm:
i normally have a hard time with haikus...but this was awesome

May 21 at 2:59 pm :
Why, thank you. i'm glad you lik it. 

Laugh-it-OutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 13 at 8:22 pm:
Hey Mckay! This reminds me of Elswhere (the book) By Gabrielle Zevin! Didn't we meet there at you awesome book review?? Haha Soo long ago! Anyway, back to the haiku......it was great! I loved it. I loved how it sparked like thinking inside of me and I guess thats what it is supposed to do: make you think! Another great one.... Keep rockin

May 14 at 1:22 pm :
Glad it reminded you of Zevin's novel. It was so long ago. My how times passes so swiftly. Actually, this haiku was inspired by Lois Lowry's novel The Giver. When Jonas wants to escape to Elsewhere. If you haven't read the novel, you should. Really good. Thanks for your feedback. Always means the world to me. I apreciate it so much. And will continue to do so as long as I'm on Teenink. 

Laugh-it-OutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
May 14 at 4:15 pm :
Your welcome!!! And yes, I have read The Giver, a creepy novel if I must say so myself. But beautifully written. I guess you could call it somewhat of a spiritual story, but thats about where I end because I am not spiritual in any way and I don't know much. Anyway.......... I get this reference now.

May 15 at 7:04 pm :
Oh good. Glad you got it. Thanks.