The Nearing Summer

Awaiting summer
So missed, loved and yearned by me
Dreaming, wishing to

Relax, unwind, have some fun
Laying on the sandy coast
Sun soaking my skin

Fantasizing to
Escape from school, my prison
To approach freedom

Summer Vacation

Metal4Life said...
This poem was very well put together! Great job in using the comparison of school like a prison, defiantly makes it come more alive and relatable! Awesome job!

Chichot123 replied...
May 21, 2013 at 4:55 am
Thank you so much :D 

Soccer23 said...
This is extremly relateable especcially toward the end of the year school definatly feels like a prison! Keep writing in this format because you are amazing at it! 

Chichot123 replied...
May 19, 2013 at 3:43 am
Thank you so much :D

Court901 said...
I think this poem is really nice and relatable. I think it could flow a bit better, but other than that I like it.

Chichot123 replied...
Thank you :D

OlveraJorge1 said...
May 16, 2013 at 10:16 am
YUSS! You actually did it before I commented! Keep writing in this format and your SUPERB writing will get recognized soon enough!  

Chichot123 replied...
Thank you so much :D It really means a lot to me that you like it. 

Mckay This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I so feel this way right now. Can't wait to be done with school and just graduate. Oh, summer how I miss you. I love this poem for making want summer to arrive already. And for making me relate to it.

Chichot123 replied...
Thank you :D

PhoebeB said...
I find this poem really impressive. Apart from the fact that haikus are incredibly hard to write, your poem perfectly encapsulates my feelings about the Summer.

Chichot123 replied...
May 15, 2013 at 4:31 am
Thank you so much :D 

Someone2know said...
Wow! Haikus are trick but you did an incredible Job! :) :)

Chichot123 replied...
Thank you so much. :D I'm glad you liked it. :D 

wordnerd54 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I like this a lot! Haikus are tricky, but you did a really nice job with it - it's definitely unique. The only line I felt like I stumbled over a tiny bit was "Sun soaking my skin." It felt like it lost its flow a little bit - but that's totally me being picky for the sake of improvement. You really captured the feeling everyone gets right before summer vacation. Great job!!

Chichot123 replied...
Thank you so much :D :D

Kris_10 said...
Recently, I've been writing a lot of haiku myself and it helps to read other haikus. I also lik ehow you've touched a more literal side of things. A lot of poetry I read is so deep it almost gets confusing and chiche. This isn't a very deep poem, but it's nice to read such effortless and simple poems sometimes.

Chichot123 replied...
May 14, 2013 at 3:43 am
Thank you :) :)

laurengerhard This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I absolutely love that you wrote in haiku form, but did it uniquely, wow. Good job.

Chichot123 replied...
May 13, 2013 at 5:46 am
Thank you :) 

LexusMarie said...
Hey there! I am glad to see you mixed it up. I have never seen a haiku like this, they are usually three lines, but I am glad you extended it. I know how you feel about summer... which means that you wrote this haiku in a relatable sense for the reader. Bravo on that. I like the title. I like the concept of this haiku. I like your quick lines that convey your desires. Good job.