The Nearing Summer

Awaiting summer
So missed, loved and yearned by me
Dreaming, wishing to

Relax, unwind, have some fun
Laying on the sandy coast
Sun soaking my skin

Fantasizing to
Escape from school, my prison
To approach freedom

Summer Vacation

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 6:55 am:
The humour, the imagery, the line " sun soaking my skin" : so vivid. I like the fact that you went for simplicity rather than complexity and that fact makes this poem shine even more. Wonderful work.

cassiopeia said...
May 30 at 8:41 pm:
You managed to capture a lot of emotions in a few lines. Very impressive! This made me want to tan on the beach :) If you have the time, try to write a similar piece about the winter! 

ChocolateLoveThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
May 31 at 5:19 am :
Thank you so much :). I will :D

sarah98This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 30 at 6:35 pm:
trueeeeee. this was great

May 31 at 5:18 am :
Thank you, I'm so glad you liked it :)

PhoebeBThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 26 at 8:46 am:
Loved the poem, once again. I agree with StarlitSunrise, you chose a relatable topic that made your piece easily enjoyable by all different kinds of people. Whereas if you had written an amazing poem about Ice-Cream, a lactose intolerant person may not enjoy the poem as much. Anywho, I'm babbling now, so I'll leave it at that Great poem, and happy writing!

May 31 at 5:17 am :
Thank you so much :)

StarlitSunriseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 24 at 7:58 pm:
  I like the simple topic that everyone can relate to. :) You broke up the stanzas very nicely as well.

Chichot123This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
May 25 at 4:52 am :
Thank you :D 

OldYoungOneThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 24 at 12:05 pm:
I can relate to this feeling. I like the flow of it (many don't have the talent to do so) with so simple words.

May 25 at 4:52 am :
I'm so glad that you like it, thank you :D 

shadowkiss96This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 23 at 8:18 pm:
cool, nice poem!

May 24 at 9:58 am :
Thank you :) 

estucker1998This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 22 at 5:00 pm:
Flows really well. Simply put, but so true. We just got out of school today, so I could not've said it better myself! I especially loved "escape from school, my prison" Keep writing! 

May 23 at 6:38 am :
Thank you :D 

SimplyErica said...
May 21 at 2:28 pm:
I like this a lot. I feel like it is really soothing to read haha. If that makes sense? Great job! (:

May 21 at 2:53 pm :
Thank you :) 

PoetBoiThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 21 at 1:27 pm:
Very nice. Well put together. Good job.

May 21 at 1:34 pm :
Thank you :) 

Metal4LifeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 20 at 8:46 pm:
This poem was very well put together! Great job in using the comparison of school like a prison, defiantly makes it come more alive and relatable! Awesome job!