Wisteria

A nebula of
of mauve-hued stars hangs heavily
on a low thin branch;

soon that branch will break,
and a shower of shooting
stars will fall on us.

DawnieRaeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 8:26 am:
i love this poem, so short and wonderful! (As soon as i read this i looked up wisteria flowers. They are absolutly gorgeous!!!) 

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
today at 3:22 pm :
I'm glad this poem captured your curiosity. Thanks. 

writefearlessThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 2 at 10:15 am:
oh! this is sooo beautiful. the metaphor is so brilliant, the wisteria as a nebula that will soon be falling stars, plus the wonderful imagery. lovely piece :)

Aug. 14 at 7:01 pm :
thank you so much, writefearless. I appreciate the feedback.

Laugh-it-OutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 29 at 6:34 pm:
Great poem! I saw wisteria over he weekend at the garden near my house. It was so pretty because they laced it through an entrance way and it hung down like little purple chandeliers and it smelled absolutely gorgeous! I am kinda a flower person, but my allergies keep me away from them during allergy season. Anyway, back to the poem ;) terrific word choice, honestly, you just pick the best words. I mean, no one else. Know would say "mauve-hued" or "a nebula of" I feel that you have a very mature... (more »)

Jun. 7 at 2:44 pm :
Wow...Thank you so much, Liv. I'm not worthy of such praise. Thank you. Honestly, sometimes I think I didn't choose the right words to conbey what my complicated and distorted mind is thinking. I try really hard, even though I hate editing. I hate hate hate it. Detest it. I feel that sometimes it takes away the "rawness" of the poem. But it's essential. So to see that someone appreciates it so much so like you just amazes me. And motivates me to continue writing, even thoug... (more »)

Scarlett_the_pegacornThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 21 at 2:23 am:
Very pretty. descriptive, and short. my kind of poem. ;3 PS: wisterias smell like awsum sauce.  

May 21 at 4:06 pm :
Really? I've never smelled them. I got the idea, becuase I see them on my way to church. That's how. Glad you love it. And said aweseom sauce. I love that sauce.

Scarlett_the_pegacornThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
May 21 at 7:34 pm :
Well, u need to pull the freaking car over and sniff them. (sounds weird, doesnt it?) because, as I said, they smell like awesome sauce. :3

May 22 at 1:19 pm :
I think i will one of these days, when I'm not with my family. Otherwise, they'll think I finally lost all sanity. But I will...if they smaell like awesome-sauce.

AugustSummerFlingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 6 at 5:45 am:
Wow this was beautiful. Simple and sweet.

May 9 at 1:50 pm :
Thanks so much.