Winter's Song | Teen Ink

Winter's Song MAG

By Laugh-it-Out PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York, New York
Laugh-it-Out PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York, New York

"Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light" --Dylan Thomas

cracked, white lips bending
over cups of dark coffee
all the warmth has left

Thank God Winters Over!!!!! Hello Spring an Summer!

LexusMarie PLATINUM, Las Cruces, New Mexico

The more control you have over yourself, the less control others have over you.

LIV! CONGRATS AGAIN! YOU GOT THE CHECK MARK THAT YOU DESERVE. Mmm, girl, you are a star! This is great! I love the title, it's so dainty. Haiku's seem soooo simple and then I try and I am like dear God please help me and I obviously am not capable of writing a haiku. But, you are and you are clearly amazing at it. Although I prefer winter, I think(?), you made summer look better. The first line, love. The second line, love. The third line, love. Coffee! O how I love thee. Thou art as tasty as thou art lovely. How was that? Anyways, bravo, bravo! So proud of you!

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

YAY!!!!!!!!! ^u^ I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU, LIV! Congrats on the Editors' Chioce, even more for creating a beautiful haiku. Beginning to end—you don't lack the talent of a haiku ninja. Welcome, my child. -_-  *cymbal niose* "Cracked, while lips": these lines are just gorgeous. And the coffee reference is tasty. I'm such a coffee perdon; I swear I'm addicted to that caffeine rich goodness. And AMEN!! to winter being gone...for now...I'm more of a summer person. So this poem just added a little more sunshine to my already sunny day. I'm so happy for you right now!