Bravery

Console a woman,
Genuinely vexed, weeping
True bravery 'tis.

DynamoThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 22 at 10:05 am:
Well, this does relate to the concept of chivalry that was a characteristic feature of the old Roman dudes. You did a good job with the haiku. It's a wonderful thing to write haikus. I found about them only after I read a poorly translated book a bunch of years back, but now they do seem good. Good Luck for the future writings! :)

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
yesterday at 4:54 am :
wow, really? I did not know that... As I told AugustSummerFling, this Haiku was inspired by Rasheed's character from "A Thousand Splendid Suns" by Khaled Hosseni. And I only found out about them this year because as long as I can remember I've studied in APS and they never taught poetry, nor did I venture to learn on my own, the technicalities.. Because that was what I loved about English poetry, the lack of rules :P hahaha I know, pretty lousy, no game is amazing without rules... (more »)

DynamoThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
yesterday at 10:06 am :
Well, I haven't really read Khalid Hosseini's work. Guess I might try him this summer.  I studied poetry two years back witha  really good teacher (who is nowadays in Berlin) so I know a little bit 'bout it. I agree about breaking rules, I never could learn grammar and the rules and stuff. I guess we'd be better without learning the difference b/w transitive and intransitive verbs. :P 

today at 5:11 am :
It's not like he has that much work. Two novels to be precise, but I learned much, though a lot of the stuff I did not like. And wow that sure must have been amazing, actually studying something one loves andd having a person that actually knows it to teach you. I wish I could. Hahahaha, yes grammar was one like a cruel rival. I would almost always forget to  write "<name> and I" instead of "<name> and me" and other such stuff... Insane sometimes. :P

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 25 at 4:40 am:
............................Teen INK!!

AugustSummerFlingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 5 at 11:22 pm:
I can totally relate to this. Has happened to someone who's really close to me. Have you read the book 'A thousand splendid suns'? If you haven't, you should. I want to scream this haiku at the character Rasheed, who I genuinely loathe because of his mistreatment of women. Very well written :) loved this!

May 7 at 12:31 pm :
Oh My God!!  That is EXACTLY where I got the inpiration for this from! I only read it recently and I hated hated hated Rasheed when he said that... I mean not like I've never heard the sentence before but when he said it, I realized how much I loathed that.. and you know at first I was basically writing how I thought such people were the biggest cowards but then I thought to write something that had my passion as well as said something positive so I took that and turned it upside down a... (more »)

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 1 at 1:34 pm:
I sooooo get what you're talking about. And feel the same way too. Men cry too! Sometimes over stupider stuff than women. Haha :) You're always displaying a talent for the haiku. This one is magnificent. هذا الهايكو هو الكمال. I'm I correct with this? ^u^

May 2 at 9:26 am :
According to Google Translator it means "This is the perfect Haiku." And I am overwhelmed by joy at your words but Alas! Mckay I do not know Arabic...I know Urdu which is my mother tongue and English which is the official language here but no others though I'd love to have the opportunity to learn many others.. :D  I'm so glad that you got I meant, I was afraid people might take it differently... :D Love, Saphira.