To Hazel Grace Lancaster

Weep no more, Hazel,
for Augustus believed in
a place named Somewhere.

boundlesswildflower said...
I had to promote this on tumblr (my tumblr is: faultintheirstar) :). Its purely amazing!!

Laugh-it-OutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
OMG I LOVE THIS!!! I know that in your forum you mentoned this, sorry i didn't see this until now, but this isn't cheesy at all....its Freaking PERFECT!!! i love how you capitolized Somewhere. Is it wrong that i still cry about Augustus (R.I.P)? TFIO'S is the perfectest book ever. And yeah, about the novel that (thnaks to you) I am writing: didnt even realize that Lancaster was the ame last name. Well, it obviously won't be as good as TFIO's but i will try my hardest. Also, i... (more »)

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
THANKS!! ^u^ I too finished Looking for Alaska two weeks ago. I thought it was good but not as good as TFIOS. I think it's John Green's masterpiece. Can't wait for the movie. I hope they pick out a good actor for Augustus; he's so perfect. I don't think I've ever liked a character so much like him. Shelaine Woodsley will do fine as Hazel. And I'm so glad you're proceeding to make your story into a novel. (Signed copy here; OK?) And I'm sure if you do your best... (more »)

P.S. It's not wrong to still cry over Augustus. The night I finished TFIOS, I sobbed for like 30 minutes; something I've never done for any book or movie. The nest day, even now, I couldn't get over it. I'm still thinking of whether to write John Green a letter to ask why he pullled a Peter Van Houten in the end. R.I.P Augustus Waters. Some infinities are just bigger than others. 

Laugh-it-OutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sorry to reply so late I just hate to leave people hanging) OMG THEY ARE MAKING A MOVIE!??????!! WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME :O Okay, breath. Wow. I am floored. All I can say is that it better be good. If it doesn't make me cry, It's not good. I'm a tough critique. YAY. Oh, and you know that book that Hazel and Augustus read, but it dosn't have an end? Well, me and my friend are planning on writing the end of it. yaya Keep rockin Mckay <3

Oh, and before I forget, I shared this/emailed the poem to my friends who are obbsessed with this book also, so you are officially famous. <3 I will be happy to share more work if you like! :)

Yes, there will be a movie in the next year, hopefully. Wikipedia it. You'll see. And thank you for sharign this poem. That means a lot. Sorry for not having replied earlier. And you're more than welcome to share any of my pieces anytimes with anyone. That means a lot. 

Okay! I just wanted you to see the comment for that reason. Oh, and they loved it, the poem I mean. And I will wiki the movie now thanks. Keep rockin Mckay, always just keep on rockin

Literature_DarlingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I loved this so very much! It almost made me cry! I loved TFIOS and this is perfect!

Thank you. Will you please recomment this piece to any TFIOS lover or nerdfighter you know who might like this poem? I know it's a big favor; but I'd appreciate it so much. TFIOS fans unite! 

Kris_10 said...
OH MY GOD!!! I read this book and it was the best book i have ever read in my entire life!! You, my friend, have a good taste in books. 

Okay. Now about the poem. I like how you capitalized Somewhere. its not a specific word, but everybodys somewhere is specific to them. I'm not talking heaven and afterlife. But when you die, where do you go? It's obviously a burnng question in most people's minds. And your last line sort of asks a question as to where... (more »)

You too have great taste in books. And thank you. I'm happy a fan of this wonderful novel though this little poem was great. I was hoping it would appeal to TFIOS fans. I hope I did it justice. I love your enthuthiasm. Thank you :)!

Kris_10 replied...
You're welcome. And i'm going to read his other books too. But they are ALWAYS checked out of the library. grr

You should: John Green is one of the best modern writers. Yesterday, I finished Looking for Alaska. It was amazing—but not as good as TFIOS, or so I think. Now, I'm gonna read Will Grayson, Will Grayson. Hope it's good. 

Kris_10 replied...
Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:14 am
I always have so many books I want to read! Right now  have like 5 on my bookshelf just waiting to be read. And I can't decide which to pick first! lol

I so know that feeling. I have like 10, more or less, waiting for me, screaming READ ME NOW! And all I can say is Give me minute; I'm kind of slow. 

maypay replied...
So... I automatically have to love this because Augustus Water is perfect, but I really like how you left it short and up to the reader to determine what it means. "Somewhere" is such an abstract idea which makes your poem really cool

Why thank you. Yes, Augustus Water is perfect; no matter what. R.I.P. Augustus. *sigh and tears*  *o*

411Ellie This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:00 am
Thank you for writing this haiku!! R.I.P. Augustus Water

Thank you for commenting!!