Lavender

Bobbing in the breeze—
Clustered together tightly—
Little purple stars;

A mount of aroma—
Heap of halcyon heather-
Hued waltzing flowers.

Cutey-Beauty said...
Apr. 18, 2013 at 12:20 am
It's amazing how good you are with adjectives! :)

Mckay This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
You're so sweet. Thank you, really. Writing is a arduous process. It's difficult to find the right words in order to convey a realistic and lovely image at the same time. But I can't imagine my life without writing. For you to say that is very flattering for me. And thank you. 

Kris_10 said...
This is the third poem of your's I've read and your very good at using lots of detail.

Thanks. I've tried commenting on "Matthew" but forwahtever reason my comment doesn't show up. I love it and I wanted you to know that. It reminds me of The Fault in Our Stars. It's absolutely of one my faves—both novel and your poem. 

Kris_10 replied...
YESS!!! that book > everything else

TheEpic95 said...
I didnt quite understand the line "mount of aroma", was mount the right word? I dont know. But i did like "little purple stars", it was a beautiful image! I also like how this haiku is really a pair of haikus, as much as i like it when someone is cleaver enough to say a lot with a little, i often read haikus and wish more had been said.

Thanks. I couldn't decide between heap or mount so I went with mount: lavender flowers tend to grow in little mounts. Google some pics; you'll see what I'm talking about. I hope. By the way, when I first wrote this, I was only going to use the 1st stanza. In the end I added another just for the fun of it. Thanks.

OldYoungOne said...
Short simple and sweet.... I like it.

Thank you. 

LexusMarie said...
I don't normally read haikus because they aren't really my thing, but sometimes I do, and this one I really enjoyed reading. I love the title! The whole thing was so airy and sweet. It was calming to read, if that makes sense. I loved the image that 'Little purple stars' put into my head. Word choices in here are wonderful. Love this!

I'm so happy you loved this. Thank you, LexusMarie. c: You're always so kind to me.