Lavender

Bobbing in the breeze—
Clustered together tightly—
Little purple stars;

A mount of aroma—
Heap of halcyon heather-
Hued waltzing flowers.

Cutey-Beauty said...
Apr. 18, 2013 at 12:20 am:
It's amazing how good you are with adjectives! :)

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 18, 2013 at 12:54 pm :
You're so sweet. Thank you, really. Writing is a arduous process. It's difficult to find the right words in order to convey a realistic and lovely image at the same time. But I can't imagine my life without writing. For you to say that is very flattering for me. And thank you. 

Kris_10 said...
This is the third poem of your's I've read and your very good at using lots of detail.

Apr. 17, 2013 at 2:06 pm :
Thanks. I've tried commenting on "Matthew" but forwahtever reason my comment doesn't show up. I love it and I wanted you to know that. It reminds me of The Fault in Our Stars. It's absolutely of one my faves—both novel and your poem. 

Kris_10 replied...
Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:22 pm :
YESS!!! that book > everything else

TheEpic95 said...
I didnt quite understand the line "mount of aroma", was mount the right word? I dont know. But i did like "little purple stars", it was a beautiful image! I also like how this haiku is really a pair of haikus, as much as i like it when someone is cleaver enough to say a lot with a little, i often read haikus and wish more had been said.

Apr. 16, 2013 at 3:56 pm :
Thanks. I couldn't decide between heap or mount so I went with mount: lavender flowers tend to grow in little mounts. Google some pics; you'll see what I'm talking about. I hope. By the way, when I first wrote this, I was only going to use the 1st stanza. In the end I added another just for the fun of it. Thanks.

OldYoungOne said...
Short simple and sweet.... I like it.

Apr. 16, 2013 at 3:53 pm :
Thank you. 

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I don't normally read haikus because they aren't really my thing, but sometimes I do, and this one I really enjoyed reading. I love the title! The whole thing was so airy and sweet. It was calming to read, if that makes sense. I loved the image that 'Little purple stars' put into my head. Word choices in here are wonderful. Love this!

Apr. 16, 2013 at 3:53 pm :
I'm so happy you loved this. Thank you, LexusMarie. c: You're always so kind to me.