An Invaluable Gift

It sure was profound,
the joy that engulfed me,
As I stumbled upon;

That poem she composed.
Indeed it is those little acts,
the thoughts, the whispers,

that go unheard and
You never do know who does
remember you nor

who prays incessant.
And when you see that one face
all you feel: ecstasy!

Her mouth forms each word
And her hands, those soft fingers,
etch them to paper.

Her handwriting, I
can visualize, in that, like
many things, we're twins

Each pleasant letter
slowly sinks into me … Delight
Is me and I it.

He had left me alone
For a while now I’d ached.
He just came along again;

And my eyes wet, for
I feel life and truth and joy,
surge through my dyspeic veins

ThoughtToner said...
Apr. 8 at 12:41 pm:
I loved it! I wonder how this best friend of yours writes? Yes, the 5th stanza says it all. It unveils the scene, the feel--and that's what makes it terrific! Keep advancing!

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 16 at 12:14 pm :
WHy Thank you! And I think you know exactly how she writes! Haha did you even for a second think I wouldn't recognize you behind those words?? "ThoughtToner" ? Nice! When are you actually gonna make an account here???  You'd be famous! And I'm so happy (literally bouncing) that you've finally read this and that you like it :D

ThoughtToner replied...
Apr. 17 at 1:19 pm :
Yes soon enough!:) 

EPluribusUnumThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 7 at 11:54 am:
This is beautiful, and flowed extremely well which is extremely hard to do with haikus. I love that feeling when you read a poem written for you, that was so sweet of your friend! As always, your poetry is exquisite!

Apr. 8 at 1:35 pm :
WOW, thank YOU! and really wasn't it SO sweet....best friends are the best aren't they ,,...even though they tease and mess around and sometimes don't talk for days,,, sometimes can't .. : STupid life gets in the way...haha but they're always there when you need them... :D 
And Em! I'm really overjoyed that you liked this that much! Love, Saphira.

TheEpic95This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 18 at 12:13 am :
In general, im not fond of haikus. There are some really, and i mean reallly beautiful ones out there that i DO admire, but not many. This was good, though. I might say that you had some really awkward punctuation, which kinda messed with the flow. Not to badly, but i am a dramatic person who places a lot of stock in punctuation and the effects it has, so jt thre ME more than it would most people the end of the first paragraph witn the semicolan is an example. Another thing is the run on lines. ... (more »)

Apr. 21 at 11:50 am :
YAY! Mission accomplished! Haha... yes you're so right in that ,...it is ever so hard...I hope she posts that poem she wrote for me soon , after she makes an account that is so that you can read it. Maybe check out some of my other Haiku, maybe you'll like them better..I've taken to writing them only a while ago and write mostly Haiku nowadays...will soon start on PROPER sonnets.. LOL :D :D Forgive me next time the categorization shall be proper :P

Apr. 22 at 10:27 pm :
Oh, shush, person! Haha, i was just laughing about the other poem being stuck in "all poems" because I had recently had a sonnet stuck in "Song Lyrics", when i most decidedly did NOT wish it to be. I was merely delighted that TI made a mistake with someone else, and at the same tine delihted that the "mistake" was not exactly misscatogorizing the poem since you yourself acknowlaged that you were merely inspired by sonnets and not actually following the rules. I dont mind where you stick YOUR OWN... (more »)

Apr. 24 at 4:38 am :
Oh that would've sucked....Well like I said before TeenInk really needs better website management..Much better..... 

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 5 at 12:46 pm:
I totally understand what you're writing about. When someone takes the time to write you a poem—which a) is VERY EXCRUTIATEINLY HARD and b) not something everyone is willing to do—it's the greatest gift one could receive. The 5th stanza to me was the best. Great poem as always, SaphiraBrightscales. 

Apr. 5 at 1:18 pm :
Oh Thank you for reading it! I'm so happy that you like it! :))) Your comments always leave me feeling happy... And I'm so glad you could understand and relate. Love, Saphira.