News Story

Today I found out
that you existed, I cried
because now you’re gone

corallee This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Absolutely wonderful. Extremely relatable, and powerful word choice.

JoPepper replied...
Thanks, is there anything of yours you'd like me to read/rate/comment?

InkWriter13 said...
Nice use of time words to create the impact of your poem. Very effective. Sad. Relatable. Would you please comment on my poem titled In the Library? It's a ballad.

JoPepper replied...
Jun. 23, 2012 at 10:42 am
 Thanks for reading, I'll check it out! xD

InkWriter13 said...

SpringRayynThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oh wow, this is really sad. I like the powerfullness in this little haiku. It's just how I veiw somethings too. really good.

JoPepper replied...
Thanks for reading!!!!

dark_armor1 said...
crazy how such a short poem can contain so much power. good job!

JoPepper replied...
Thanks for reading!!!!!

Behind_a_Plastic_Smile said...
i feel like each wow is jus packed full of emotion and thats exactly wat you have to do-great job

JoPepper replied...
Thanks for reading!!!

Josika.Nav said...
Apr. 8, 2012 at 1:40 am
wow! how did you manage to think of this?! it is so simple yet there is a certain depth in it. i love it! great work and keep writing! XD

JoPepper replied...
Apr. 8, 2012 at 9:26 am
Thank you! I just read a news article and for some reason I just started to think it!

poet100 replied...
I agree, there is an amazing depth to sucha short poem!!

JoPepper replied...
Thanks!!!!

eternal_sunshine said...
This is very interesting! I found myself able to relate in a sense. It reminded me of the tragedies I have heard about that were so depressing, even though I had no previous knowledge about the person. Nice job :)

JoPepper replied...
Apr. 8, 2012 at 9:27 am
Exactly! Thanks for reading!!! ;)

beautifulspiritThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I think we all feel this way about the news---such horrible things happen every day. Honest poem~

JoPepper replied...
Apr. 8, 2012 at 9:29 am
Thanks!!!:))