Brooklyn Bridge

I saw her daily
Staring down at the water
And one day, she jumped.

OldYoungOneThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Talk about an eye opener. Its like a smack in the face with that last line. Good job at waking the reader up. I must say. I wouldn't change anything. But I will ask where did you get the idea from.

RayynbowThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Oct. 12, 2013 at 11:17 am :
I was just sad one day, and somehow this is what I thought of.

Laugh-it-OutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
wow. truly breathtaking. keep up the amazing work and keep rockin

CrazySissiThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This poem is very literal but truely captures your attention.

AlaskaFrost This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 28, 2012 at 4:59 pm:
This haiku is so expertly written! You pack a lot of meaning and depth into such a small poem, but it's so beautiful. Its minimalism allows it to appear simple but to also be very complex. This is perfect.

IAmWhoIWantToBe said...
May 4, 2012 at 6:56 pm:
I like how this poem can be interpreted in many ways. It doesn't lock the readers in one meaning. I also like that you got the hang out of this haiku (most people don't :D) I think this is a very great job although I'm not sure with the title.

Taconut7This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I usually dont' like very short poems but this one packet a punch!

vetlover21 said...
Apr. 14, 2012 at 11:46 am:
 yesit is a nice poem but i title ocnfused me i it sound like it's suicide but i'm not really sure what your talking about but i think it's amazing how you feel so confident that you can write a thre line poem andtry to put a story in it. iamost getit but this is just my opinion. keep writing and let me know if there's anything you want me to read

JoPepperThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:37 am:
This is fantastic! I loved how simple and direct is was! Very good job, keep writing!

dark_armor1This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
wow i actually LOVED this one!! and trust me i am extremely picky with poems but thise one was good! excellent job!!

gb12197This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
this is amazing. there is so much meaning in it even for such a small poem. you are a great writer :)

eternal_sunshine said...
Very beautifully done. As others have said, it really made me think. I am impressed at how much meaning you packed into three lines. Really nice job :)

AgentOrange789 said...
Apr. 1, 2012 at 12:40 am:
Wow. I'm really amazed. This really made me think a lot. 

dreamshakerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 30, 2012 at 8:11 pm:
I'm absolutely amazed by how much meaning and emotion you've packed into so few words. This was simply beautiful. There is honestly not a single thing I would change in this - it's perfection.
This was very powerful - one of the best haikus that I've seen on Teenink so far. It should be in the magazine.

NickyJ said...
Mar. 30, 2012 at 4:08 pm:
I agree with beautifulspirit. At first I thought it was a run-of-the-mill suicide poem, but I read it again and after some thought processing I recognize some layers here. I see a layer of guilt, a layer of depression, a layer of lonlieness, a layer of desperation, a layer of unknown.

It's ambiguous, but it really does carry a lot of weight. I think, although not about nature, this is a prime example of how significant a Haiku should be.

beautifulspiritThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 30, 2012 at 3:25 pm:
My first thought was that your poem was about suicide because people would jump off of the bridge. Or is this a reflection of the speaker's lack of reaching out to the girl? Is this guilt? This piece carries ambiguous meaning. 

Jokorium This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 29, 2012 at 9:12 pm:

Though it is short and simple, this piece could definitely make one think.

It made me think of the people I see everyday, the ones who you just can't quite read. The ones that you have no idea what they're thinking.

It also made me think of things in life, such as running water, that are sometimes beautiful to look at, but could one day be our demise.

Behind_a_Plastic_Smile replied...
Mar. 30, 2012 at 7:55 pm :
i agree completely-so little word, such a big message and so much depth.  this was beautifully written.