Art of the Muses

Made to enrich lives,
A harmony of both spheres
pure delight to ears.

Evoke emotions---
an art form as old as time,
---through sound and silence.

nelehjrThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 5:10 pm:
L♥vely! Basically describes music! Music is such a terribly hard thing to write about. You, my dear, have acomplished the daunting task. My only suggestion is using two -- instead of three --- it works better with word.

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 30 at 12:37 pm:
I thought on this for like seven minutes. Not because I didn't get it of course, I mean at first I was thinking of some much more than the musical and the lyrical with the first Haiku I mean and then when I read the second Haiku, it  gave the poem such a new feel. The last line is the one most EPIC-ly executed and the one I thought on most as well. Through sound and silence. I'll probably remember this forever. Wow such brilliance in ONE line. I am in love. Sound and silence. The co... (more »)

ParadisaicallyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Mar. 6 at 5:55 pm :
I love these haikus.  I can connect to them very well, but I think the first and second haikus need to be transitioned into smoother. 

Laugh-it-OutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:09 am:
This is really good, i like the second haiku more than the first. Also, since i am giving feedback, the rhyming in the first haiku seemed a bit forced s"spheres" and "ears" i felt that mane that could have been a bit smoother and the transition from the first haiku to the second could also have been a bit smoother. But all in all, I got your message and enjoyed this haiku. Have a nice day and keep rockin

beautifulspiritThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:07 pm :
Very interesting--- i never thought of the whole "spheres" and "ears" rhyme. I just wrote it without paying attention I guess. However I do see your point about the smoother transition. Maybe I could have switched the haiku or added another. But thanks for reading--it feels good to have fresh feedback!

beautifulspiritThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:29 am:
Thank you for commenting on my work. I had forgotten how much I missed it~

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 14, 2013 at 6:01 pm:
You captured the essence and purpose of music into a concise and lyrical and profound poem. Well executed. I'm sure every musician would agree with the message of this poem. What would  we do without music?

hippiechick99 said...
Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:01 am:
This is a great and simple way to describe music. I love it :)

girly21This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Beautiful! I love it!

StrangeJade This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Simple but profound, and the haiku form is seemless, which is a certain sign of mastery. 5 stars for you ~

StrangeJade This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 24, 2012 at 6:09 pm :
*facedesk* I really just did that. I really just wrote "seemless" instead of "seamless." Sorry. :|

JustPaperAndPencil said...
I love it! I'm usually not a fan of short poems, but this had meaning! great job!

dragonfly95 said...
Apr. 24, 2012 at 11:47 am:
i like it, short and sweet, and easy to read. good timing and theme. :) enjoyed it.

Taconut7This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Well, I generally don't like short poems but this one I understood and liked.

hippiechick99 said...
Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:48 am:
This definatly wasn't one of those poems that you can just read once and understand completely. I had to read this several times to get part of the meaning (I AM blonde after all :P). I loved this poem and I hope you keep writing. :)

Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:56 am :
Don't even, you're smart! One can tell by your work:)

iamfeelingud said...
Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:03 am:
Very good!! :) please check out and rate and comment on my haikus, too. Thanks!!

Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:58 am :
Thanks, I read ur poem "Silence."

rainbowmermaidThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:57 am:
ngthis is ama

bearsfan654 said...
This is a great haiku! It is very wise and powerful!