Society Forgets Old and Wise, While Young and Fresh are Institutionalized

As the river flows-
On, or off, The eyes that see-
begin to fade dull

Mimi15This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is really great

IamtheshyStargirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 27, 2012 at 5:28 pm :
Thank you for your comment, Mimi :)

Aderes47This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 31, 2012 at 8:20 pm:

I feel like your title really fits the haiku because it shows how monotonous our life is. Nice job!:) 

OK, raven gave me permission to give Liz his email. I haven't told her yet but he told me for you to give it to Liz the same way you gave it to me, your blog. Can you do that? Thanks! :) 

Apr. 9, 2012 at 5:12 pm :

Thanks :)

Yeah, I'll do that, tell her to comment on my blog.

Writer_Jordan said...
Mar. 17, 2012 at 1:09 am:
I think that the true point of poetry and writing is to challenge the reader to actually think about the text. I was very interested by your haiku!

Mar. 17, 2012 at 10:40 am :
Hantale, I meant it to be like that in every way. 

leafyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 7, 2012 at 10:32 am:
Stargirl, your poems never cease to amaze me. This haiku actually inspired me to write one of my own, and even a poetry contest. As Ethereal said, it makes you think more deeply, and I too stared at the screen for a few extra moments, pondering it. Keep up the amazing work! :)

Mar. 17, 2012 at 10:41 am :
Really? I think it was your haiku contest that inspired this poem :D I'm so very glad you liked this so very much :) 

lilmartz This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I have to be honest. The title is so amazing, I feel like this haiku didn't really live up to it. I feel like I'm missing something from the haiku, it just doesn't seem to convey a message or imagery, or I don't know what. I feel confused.

Dec. 31, 2011 at 11:34 am :
I totally understand what you mean. I wrote this whole thing with the title as the statement of the subject, and the haiku as the metaphor. Does that help you at all? Thanks for commenting :)

Infinity_Roses This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
The thing I LOVE about a good haiku is that is causes the mind to think a lot deeper. Since you only have seventeen syllables to get your point across, you have to really work hard to get in what you want to say. I think this haiku is fabulous. I found myself staring at the screen for about five minutes, interpreting it to the best of my ability. You make me think. Which is good, because I'm usually too lazy to think. :) Please keep writing, this is absolutely fantastic. I would love to read more. :)

Dec. 31, 2011 at 11:32 am :
Hantale, dear Infinity :) I love making people think :]