Fairy dust

Magical spirits
Fairy dust caught in my hand
But children grow up

guardianofthestars This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
That was an amazing Haiku :D

RedFeather said...
Apr. 26, 2012 at 7:53 am

Great Haiku. For the first two lines it has you thinking about childhood and magic, but the last line crunches down the ice with your cold and clear perception of reality.

However, reality can only be what you make it. ;)

readaholic This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
ee oo ee...another awsome haiku!:)!

beautifulspirit This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 31, 2012 at 9:13 am
I like this poem and the feeling of nostalgia it gives the reader. It made me feel a little sad, because sooner or later we all grow up, but that's okay. Childhood can be a great time of someone's life---we all miss it. Great job on the poem!

leafy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nice haiku :), I just love writing these, don't you? I really like the sentimental, and even wistful, feel to this poem that the last line brings out. However, I would've probably changed the first line, because it just seems a bit disconnected from the rest of the poem, and messes with the flow a bit. Maybe "magic spirits and" would work better? It might just be me, but that's how I would've probably done it. Anyway, it was still lovely, and I enjoyed reading it :) 4/5

Infinity_Roses This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I like this haiku. It's different, than most--and it makes you think. I can feel the emotion even though it's only three lines. Great work! Keep writing! :)

Ethereal This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 2, 2012 at 5:22 am
I Will! thanks for the support!

IamtheshyStargirl said...
Pretty, though it's not exactly a traditional haiku, I like the sentiment.

Jan. 2, 2012 at 5:21 am
thank you :)

Love.Hate.Passion. said...
Short and emotional. The last line brings a sadness to the poem that makes it meaningful. Fantastic! *****

thank you!

lilmartz This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dec. 30, 2011 at 10:29 am
This makes for a good haiku! I think you could possibly take out the "But" part to make a stronger last line, though. Other than that, I think this is really good.

LadyRose said...
Short, yet derived from much meaning. I like how you resembled fairy dust as time and the memories that go along with it, and then the next sentence is symbolizing time going on.

PrincessBubblegum said...
I agree with sophza!

sophza said...
Great image; simple, lovley theme.

Honor replied...
Dec. 31, 2011 at 7:30 am
I agree with sophza to.