Meditating in Darkness

Glow of gliding trains
Illuminate your dark paths
Silent Wanderers

Ghosts who fall in love
A thousand times, without end
Warm transparency

Meditate until
Orbs of light are gathering
In the nighttime woods

Ancient neighborhood
Of spirit houses, built near
The most sacred trees

Unfold your palm, child
The Blessing of a Lotus
Is your open heart

bpjrobert said...
 This is great. I love it. Can you check out my writing even though it`s a little rusty.

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...

That which is easily broken is not always easily mended, but perhaps it will turn into something else? Look at a flower petal. It can tear so easily, but when it's lost in the dirt, it is mixed into the Earth until it becomes a part of a new flower.

The people I talk to in person aren't as permissive of change as Teeninkers.

savetheplanet replied...
If a hopeless romantic can morph into something more beautiful then I will gladly undergo the transformation.

Oh? And what do you hope to become?

savetheplanet replied...
I don't know actually.  Perhaps the dream of a hopeless romantic. :)  For now I'm content to wait for my gentleman.

Oct. 4, 2011 at 8:34 am

A pretty dream you'd make, then. :)

I certainly hope you find your gentleman.

savetheplanet replied...
AW, thank you *blushes*.  If only I could be that pretty dream :D   I certaintly hope I find him too and you find your lady.

Aderes47 said...
That's so beautiful! :) BRAVO! Magnificent! What can I say about you, you're so great! :) This poem reminds me of something I can't remember, some movie or book, or anime or something. And Ghost Adventures, a favorite show of mine. It's so much fun to watch! :)

Ooh, what's Ghost Adventures? It sounds exciting!

Aderes47 replied...
It's on The Travel Channel, it's about a team of three dudes, Zak, Nick and Aaron who hunt for evidence of ghosts in places known to be haunted around the U.S.A. The show's mad crazy. You'll hear creepy noises and sometimes they'll record voices. I honestly get nightmares from it sometimes. My parents say it's fake(it probably is) but they'll have you convinced. And they use real scientific evidence too! It's awesome, I really recommend it! :)

Cool shoes! I'll check that out.

Stuff like that is real in its own way, I guess.

savetheplanet said...

My favorite stanza: "Ghosts who fal in love..."

Wonderful!  As usual, I'm beginning to run out of adjectives for your works Raven.

I rather like that one as well, now that you mention it.

I'm so very grateful, Liz.

savetheplanet replied...
I'm very much a romantic so anything that has to do with love is my thing.  SO OMIGOD.  I watched Shakespeare in Love again yesterday, and fell into a Shakespeare obsession.  I started writing a romantic poem in like the Shakespearean style with Old English.  IT'S SO COOL.

Shakespeare in love?

Oh, are you going to post it here? Please do!

savetheplanet replied...
Oh I will, but it's slightly mature... Just saying.  I don't know what to name it thought and it might take a while to post.