Meditating in Darkness

Glow of gliding trains
Illuminate your dark paths
Silent Wanderers

Ghosts who fall in love
A thousand times, without end
Warm transparency

Meditate until
Orbs of light are gathering
In the nighttime woods

Ancient neighborhood
Of spirit houses, built near
The most sacred trees

Unfold your palm, child
The Blessing of a Lotus
Is your open heart

An-eloquent-leafThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
"Glow of gliding trains/Illuminate your dark paths" I quite like those lines :). I rather enjoy haiku sets, and you, Feathery Bard write haikus wonderfully. Too often I watch people manufacture half-hearted ones by the dozens, believing, I presume, that since they have only seventeen syllables, they do not matter much.

You mentioned below that you were on a search for your true name. Have you found it yet?

RedFeather said...
Interesting poetic devices. That'a a neat idea to combine a bunch of haikus into one larger poem. By the way, "All you Buddhas to be", are you a Buddist?

The Silent Raven replied...
Gratitude for your compliments is now, long overdue, being presented. :) I belong to the Episcopal faith. And my heart is also sympathetic to Buddhist teachings (I try to practice the best of every religion, or at least, I aspire to).

savetheplanet replied...
Your poems clearly show you to have Christian faith, but if we had not already had discussions of religion I think I would have thought you were Buddhist. Your love of nature and inner peace is quite inspiring.

IamtheshyStargirl said...

Oh Raven! I think this is your best ever! 

It's so you, I think; it's beautiful and all inclusive and so Tao. 

Enlightening, heart parching, heaven-wising, dimension changing. 

It shines, pure droplet of dreams.

Outreaching, giving, living, kind and gently smiling. What I imagine your smile to be like. 

This poem is a person, rather than a story. The lotus becomes the heart of the reader, full-blooming, the gift of the speaker. 

IamtheshyStargirl replied...
I can hardly type fast enough.

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...

What a wonderful compliment! I'm always hoping to be an improved raven, verbally speaking. Tao is the stream from which I take my drink; and it's always changing, for something immortal.

"Heart parching." (smiles).

If ever my words became too obscure for the reader to understand, I would hire you in an instant to translate, working your enchantments on the hearts and minds which I might not be able to touch.

Maybe not a person. But the person. The one we need to be... (more »)

Why do you have to type fast?

IamtheshyStargirl replied...
I am afraid that I will lose something in between the thinking and the finger motions. 

bpjrobert said...
 This is great. I love it. Can you check out my writing even though it`s a little rusty.

Thanks, friend.

I'd be delighted to check out your work, but I'm on a bit of a tight schedule tonight. If you'd like me to comment, I strongly encourage you to reply to this comment, to remind me, in a couple of days. I offer (modest cough) pretty good feedback. ;)

savetheplanet replied...
Modest cough? LMAO

Que significa 'LMAO?'

savetheplanet replied...
ehhh.... laugh my a** off?   u've never heard it?  ppl use it as often as lol

I haven't heard it, I'm old fashioned. ;)

savetheplanet replied...
It's ok. I like being old-fashioned too!  Is there a reason why you keep changing your name? :)

I don't change my name; my name changes, I only acknowledge it whenever it does. 'Esprit' is a French name, apparently, meaning Spirit.

Being old-fashioned is nice; it puts us at roots with our past, and at the same time, leaves us comfortable in the present.

savetheplanet replied...
Ahh, I see.  Espirit is a cool name.  I've always loved French names.  I like being old-fashioned because I'm a hopeless romantic and I'm tired of rude guys who don't a treat their girlfriends right.  I mean it's nice to meet a gentleman every now and then. :)

Thanks! I guess my name changes so often because I haven't been able to find my one true name, if I have even have one. Until I do, I'll be content to be Light or Bird or Spirit or whatever I choose.

Ah, gotta admire the hopeless romantics. They are where the fragile but precious substance of humanity is often stored.

I do try my utmost to be polite to the ladies. ;)

savetheplanet replied...
Of course, I already knew you were a perfect gentleman.  How could you not, when you have such a beautiful way with words?  Most precious things are fragile, I can only hope that what is easily broken is easily mended.  I must ask, do you have a name that people you talk to in person call you are do you change your name for them as well?