That Strange Person (a series of two haikus)

I saw a picture
on a wall with eyes looking
out into the world;

And then I thought of
what they must be thinking of
'that strange person'; Me.

Inksplotch said...
Love this. It's... haunting. Great job (:

akrreid said...
I really like this... it's super well written! I can't wait to check out the rest of your work!

leafyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i love this, enough said. keep up the nice work!

blitsnik said...
Jul. 29, 2011 at 1:02 am
Its a job well done i have to say. when i look at haikus, i usually have trouble figuring out what they are trying to convey, but this one was easy enough. :) keep writing!

msn9896 said...
I love perspective writing, and the fact that you could fit that all into six lines, very well done.

GangstaEyes This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 27, 2011 at 8:50 am
Agreed. The perspective is very unique :) I also like that you did more than one haiku instead of lessening it. Keep writing!

CarolynQ said...
Interesting perspective! Cool idea :D

Emily F. said...
I enjoyed this. Makes you think.

ohmakemeover This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I didn't read the author's note until I finished the poem, and it gave the writing a really unique perspective!  At first I thought it was about a mirror, but now I understand.  Good idea!

musicispassion said...
Jul. 24, 2011 at 12:21 am
i never thought of that i love the original idea great poem what excatly makes a haiku a haiku

samiasaskia24 replied...
A haiku is a poem where the first and last line has 5 syllables, and the middle  line has 7!

musicispassion replied...

gotcha good job

NinjaGirl This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Kind of creepy, but good idea nonetheless! I like the flow and how you used two haikus instead of just one. Very unique! Really good job on this!

.Izzy.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I liked this idea. Writing about inanimate objects is not something I see often. Good job!

gigi01 replied...
Interesting concept.. way to think outside the box and write something very original... Great poem:)

gigi01 replied...
You should write another Haiku about what the portrait sees (or thinks!)

samiasaskia24 replied...
Cool idea! Thanks!

Hazel-daisy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i like them, i don't draw so i can't really relate but still, i like it! :)

Eilleen said...
I like the idea... nice poem

inkblot13 said...
Jul. 20, 2011 at 8:03 am
that's just pure epicness! I can't say I've ever read a poem where someone was thinking of what an inaminate oblect was thinking of. Also, great rythmn it flows very well