Speaking Gently to the Fanatic This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

You speak of Heaven
As if the Kingdom pulsates
Outside of the heart

You illustrate Hell
As if raw eternity
Is unforgiving

You pray so stiffly
Like your Father does not know
That you are a child

You condemn for Christ
And hate in the name of life
Killing for justice

Please, soften your glare
Place the bullhorn at your side
Unravel your soul

The Word is not found
In bared teeth or angry eyes
It is a soft song

Love is communion
Compassion is ministry
God is the Center

SaphiraBrightscales This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
True and utter Beauty reflects form every nook and corner here. My dear raven, thou art has composed something so marvelous, thou art thyself not recognize.  My heart went out to you as I read this. Oh I wish I wish I wish I could one day meet this oh so amazing person that wrote this.    And I possibly cannot pick favourite stanzas from this piece! They are all so overwhelming!

LondonEye This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I couldn't agree more with this.

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
I'm quite glad, really. I had a feeling that if one such as you looked at this, it would be understood and appreciated, so I shared it! Very grateful to you, am I.

savetheplanet replied...
You got the editor's choice?  AWESOME!

What does the 'editor's choice' mean? I've seen the little red checkmark, but what does it mean to get it?

savetheplanet replied...
I guess if you don't get into the magazine it's the next best thing.  You're a recommended read basically.

Aderes18 said...
But the picture don't go. It's pretty but don't go.

Ha, that's true. I was flipping through the pictures and couldn't find any that I thought fit this poem. So I settled the problem by finding a colorful (but unrelated) image.

Aderes18 replied...
That's true. Sometimes it's REALLY hard to find good pictures. For example, I hate the picture that I put with my poem Olde To El Classico but it was the best one I could find. I hope you like that poem, even thpugh it has to do with sports, because I think it's the best one I've written to date.

Aderes18 said...

What do you mean it's not poetic?

It's ABSOLUTELY poetic! And beautfiul! And all a haiku too? I'm extremely impressed!:)

I wnat to give this poem to one of those priest who abused cildren.

Thank you again, Aderes! Your comments are really making my day, and it's wonderful to receive your kind compliments. I very much need to look deep into your work to return the favor.

I know, right? It's people like that who I was speaking to. Those who wear religion on their sleeves (sometimes fervently) but don't carry a trace of it in their hearts.

Aderes18 said...

What do you mean it's not poetic?

It's ABSOLUTELY poetic. And beautiful. And all a haiku too? I'm very impressed. :)

I want to give this poem to one of those priests who raped children. It's just that powerful.

A_shy_dove said...
Jul. 20, 2011 at 4:32 am
your poems always manage to make a good impression on my mind. You write very well.. And poems are not always supposed to have a rhyming scheme. My poems seldom have it...

I'm glad to leave an impression on anything, especially the mind of my fellow bird!

And that's true about the rhyme scheme, as several people have been kind enough to remind me.

sage.l said...
It is really a soft song.so nice

A soft song... I love that description. Thanks for applying it to mine; I'm quite grateful.

Good luck to you in all of your endeavors.

to.hold.the.sun This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 13, 2011 at 10:13 am
Wow. I'm speechless. I completely agree that so much of "Christianity" these days completely contradicts the Bible. But, even if I didn't, I would still say that the poem was beautiful, and the syllables didn't sound forced at all. Bravo!

to.hold.the.sun This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 13, 2011 at 10:14 am

"The Word is not found

in barred teeth or angry eyes"

Just... wow. Sorry, I'll stop now :)

I'm glad that you are in agreement with me; I was afraid that my haikus would cause a negative response with some of the more conservative readers. I love that you said that even if you didn't agree with me, you would still compliment me; that is true open-mindedness. Thank you for your kind words, my friend.

IamtheshyStargirl said...

The third stanza speaks to me.

Sometimes poetry doesn't have to be poetic to be poetry.