Series of Haikus: Detachment | Teen Ink

Series of Haikus: Detachment MAG

By KatieBelle GOLD, Tallahassee, Florida
KatieBelle GOLD, Tallahassee, Florida

This is how it is:
I loved you a little then,
but not anymore.

Perhaps once, I fell
into old habits of love –
accidents happen.

I'm not hiding now
because trying to be yours
was too difficult.

There are no fancy
words to describe us because
we were simply there.

We were not special
or brilliant or lovelier
than most. Not profound.

We just were, right then.
And so it worked, for a while –
Then time slowed us down.

on Feb. 23 2013 at 9:46 am
SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

I really do like the way ou put it!! Amazing! Great job and congratultions on getting it published! :P

on Apr. 11 2012 at 4:25 am
IAmWhoIWantToBe PLATINUM, Manila, Other

‎"I’m learning how to drown out the constant noise that is such an inseparable part of my life. I don’t have to prove anything to anyone. I only have to follow my heart and concentrate on what I want to say to the world: I run my world." - Beyoncé

I actually like this haiku. Excellent choice of words and excellent presentation of emotions. It's so true and very meaningful. Great poem!

And, oh, I like that every verse is a haiku!

on Feb. 4 2012 at 6:29 am
beautifulspirit PLATINUM, Alpharetta, Georgia

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
--Eleanor Roosevelt

Is this about how love can fade over time? It sounds like a relationship that ended. Love the last line~